Just got my new rifle in

doctorjj

I ordered a Carry Weight CheyTac from Hill Country rifles in 375 CheyTac a while back. Got it in yesterday. Shot it a little today. What an amazing weapon! Can wait to harvest something with it. I went with a Spuhr mount and Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 for now. The rail on the action has 40 MOA built in to it.

Attachments

• 65B59773-3068-4E73-A56D-8F4DF9908D57.jpg
    65B59773-3068-4E73-A56D-8F4DF9908D57.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 237
The total weight, unloaded is 15lb 15oz. The rifle weighed 12.25lb unscoped. The Vortex is a pig. I only shot 6 rounds through it. Two get it on at 25 yards, one to get it the right height at 100, then a 3 shot group. It made an nice triangular group about 1" high at 100, which is where I'll want to be for my 200yard zero. I didn't take a pic of the group.

2 problems I notice right off the bat:

1) Pictures are too small.
2) There are not enough pictures.

Awesome rifle, man.

It looks even better up close! I'm curious about the recoil of this gun. A friend of mine has a .375 Cheytac that I've fired quite a bit: 22 lbs with scope, a big muzzle brake, and a nice chassis with recoil pad. It is not bad at all to shoot. I have a Weatherby 338-378 that weighs around 10.5 or 11 lbs with scope. It has a low-profile brake similar to yours, and it's a little punishing with the 300 grain bullets. Definitely manageable for a hunting rifle, but it will beat you up at the range. Since the .375 uses 20-30 grains more powder and 350+ grain bullets I've wondered how bad it would kick in a gun like this. I think it would be a great long range elk gun!

I thought the recoil was similar to my un-braked 338 Win Mag Browning A Bolt. Perhaps a little heavier but not as sharp of an impulse. I didn't think it was too bad. My plans were long range elk. A 15lb plus rifle isn't ideal to hump up and down mountains but I'm a big boy. 6' 4" 220 and in decent shape. I don't think I'll notice much difference once it's on my pack.

I am very curious about Hill Country rifle I am assuming they are legit the only reason I ask is because I only see them advertised on the internet so the rifle that you purchased would you recommend to a friend I too am looking at a 375 CheyTac. Also Im still reviewing them. I hope do not offend anyone. I only seek information on a quality built .375 cheytac

I am very curious about Hill Country rifle I am assuming they are legit the only reason I ask is because I only see them advertised on the internet so the rifle that you purchased would you recommend to a friend I too am looking at a 375 CheyTac. Also Im still reviewing them. I hope do not offend anyone. I only seek information on a quality built .375 cheytac

Hill country is legit. They have a full blown production facility and staff. They can do a full custom build on your supplied parts, an accuracy job on a stock rifle, or supply you with one of their production rifles.

To the OP, beautiful rifle!!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.