just a quick question.

vendetta333

will a 450 marlin cycle/fit in a standard 308 sort action? there is not much difference in diameter. i know the bolt face would have to be different, but will it cycle?

The 450 Marlln uses a magnum bolt face not 308. The SAAMI length is only 2.550" so it will fit in a magaizine which will handle a 300 SAUM. The 450 Marlin in a short action can't handle long heavy low drag 458 bullets. It's nearly identical to the 458x2 American wildcat made by shortening a 458 Win mag case to 2.00 inches The Marlin case is 2.05".
How well it would fit or feed in a short action depends on the brand of short action and how much work you want to go to.

yea, i knew it'd be a different bolt face, but would it cycle? or would it be too big around for the action it self? and what do you mean by the action wont handle .458 bullets? i was wondering if a rebarrel, bolt and magazine change would do it?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts