JP enterprises Eliminiator

Outsider

Does anyone have any info on these?? I am currently building a long range elk/mule deer/deer/etc. rifle, going to build it off of my 300 remington ultramag., i am going to get a hart barrel with more than likely a straight taper, fluted and have my gunsmith here locally turn the eliminator to the dia. of my barrel. I would like some insite to this product, my 300 kicks the heck out of me, gotta get that to stop!!! Thanks for the help.

JP Rifles

Some on here have them or have had them. They do work if you like the looks of them.

have my gunsmith here locally turn the eliminator to the dia. of my barrel.
If you're talking about the junction between the barrel and the brake then that's good. If you're talking about the outside diameter of the main part of the brake that wouldn't be good. You'd lose the effect of the BIG brake. If you leave it full diameter make sure your smith indexes it properly or it'll look really goofy listing to port, or starboard.:)

I've personally never had a JP brake but I have had great luck with the Holland QD types and Kirby and Shawn both make equal or better brakes.;)

Yep, he is going to turn the eliminator to the dia. of my barrel. So its smooth and seemless. I am going to research some other before i actually do the buying but i hope you guys gimme some more insite.

Although the JB brake is very effective I personaly think its "fugly" , you can get a very effective brake that is only slightly larger in diameter than the barrel and be nearly as effective and it'll probably cost a bit less. The barrel to brake fit is seamless , you can't tell where the brake starts and the barrel ends.

I personaly use Nathen Dagley's V-port brake and have found it to be very effective and a very good deal
Here are some pics of it and a link to his web site
Welcome To My Website

SSGV-portbrakesideview.jpg
SSGV-portbraketopview.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.