JLK bullets

petenz

I did a search but came up with bugger all

It seems that these are similar to bergers, has anyone used them on game?

The JLK VLD bullets are made with the same materials and are basically the same design as the Bergers. They should work very well on game for the same reasons the Bergers do.

Regards,
Eric

I haven't, but just got some 7mm 180's. They have a smoother transition from ogive to bearing surface than the Berger 180's I have.

On the Bergers you can feel the edge of the transition, where on the JLK's it is completely smooth.

However, to the eye, they are VERY similar. Virtually identical in length and all other dimensions.

Bill

Those 210's with the .665BC would likely do some good LR work. The 7mm 180 with a .735 as well. Have folks found these to be accurate BC numbers?

tried a search as well with no results. Interested in these bullets. Any info would be great! like above anyone test the BC to see how accurate they are?

We use alot of the 6.5 130gr bullets from JLK. We have found their BC to be almost spot on. They are just a little different shaped than Bergers design, which I am sure why they have a little higher BC. I have some 7mm 180's on order to try in the 7mm WSM. If the BC is really that high, it should be even more of a hammer.

We use alot of the 6.5 130gr bullets from JLK. We have found their BC to be almost spot on. They are just a little different shaped than Bergers design, which I am sure why they have a little higher BC. I have some 7mm 180's on order to try in the 7mm WSM. If the BC is really that high, it should be even more of a hammer.

The Bergers and the JLK's shoot to the same point of aim in my WSM 7mm. Both are great bullets as far as I am concerned, but all I shoot is paper and coyotes, and they work great for both!

Bill

I asked the same question about the BC difference berween the JLK's and the Bergers. Bryan Litz answered the thread and was very helpful.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/jlk-vlds-41892/

Bryan recently compiled a lot of balaistic data for a lot of bullets and published a book on it. He came up with G1 and G7 BC's for these bullets and the data was imported into the JBM ballistics calc. If you you use the bullet drop down and select a particular bullet, any bullet followed by Bryan's name "Litz" will use that BC info to calculate all the downrange data. I did a comaprison between the the 180 Berger 7mm and the 180 JLK 7mm and then I took the velocity of both bullets at 1000 yds and plugged it into the BC clac program and found the tow BC's to be very close with the Berger having a slight advantage. There is really no way that with the similar shapes and lengths of the Bergers and the JLK's that their BC's could differ by much.

-MR

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.