'ja ever think there would come a day

I'm retired and work part time for one of the largest home improvement companies. Had a customer order 16 pieces of 2x12x16 composite decking boards. Told him that each one was $119.99. Total of $ 1919.84. Thought I was going to have to use an AED on him. He ordered it. A lot of contractors have cut back on new construction because of the lumber prices. There is 5 companies that are making all the money. Companies like Georgia-Pacific, Weyerhaeuser.

You are right n amidst of all this for the child of God we can still have peace PTL
In MN & WI the paper mills and son manufacturers actually drove the loggers into bankruptcy by controlling the market on both ends. They bought and drove the stumpage prices sky high while paying less for product and skimping on contract size. Combine their manipulation of forced insurance procurement and offering lucrative deals on equipment purchases. Contracts could not be met without high production equipment layout. Without said equipment and increased manpower thenalotted contract quotas were often hard to fulfill. Withthe mills, banks & insurance companies controlling your finances it often became difficult for crews to make it profitsble.
Tough business, also environmental rules nd transportation lawsoften dictated where and when you could cut.

Believe the press? When ever? Story mongers and if the haven't heard a good rumour by NOON...THEY START ONE!
the blame game is a funny thing.
Last summer the demand for plywood went up nationwide. Fear of left led rioting spread across the whole country with many businesses fearing damage from trespassing & looting they boarded up to protect their property. Hard to blame anythingon legitimet trade deals when in fact the blame may lie elsewhere.

Last edited:
the blame game is a funny thing.
Last summer the demand for plywood went up nationwide. Fear of left led rioting spread across the whole country with many businesses fearing damage from trespassing & looting they boarded up to protect their property. Hard to blame anythingon legitimet trade deals when in fact the blame may my elsewhere.
You misspelled EVERYWHERE...LOL...But oh so true!

Man has been screwing it up from day one... well actually a little bit later than that, but I'm seeking His will, not mine. All of this was foretold. And I suspect that if John would have continued to write all that he saw, somehow this day, this virus, this mess would have been written about. I'm not bothered by it all. I know it's all going to get worse. I know it's going to appear that the dark side is winning... then... Trumpets!
Using the words trumpets in your response sounds like a leftist term

THE true dark side did win the last election and are in real time winning by implementing their evil agendas
I apologize for bringing in politics and will delete if it offends anyone

Sorry MNbogboy I'm a logger n we keep hearing that "we are overproducing the demand" and they keep dropping our prices so that many of us are going broke because the price we are getting to log is the same as it was 20 years ago so it is very difficult to stay in business with everything else being 2 and 3 times higher than it was back then and so the moral of the story is the guys in the middle are making millions while the end user is getting fleeced and the producer going broke and I'm getting tired n my boys are finding other jobs because until something changes the future doesn't look good for the logger
Sounds like farming! Lol!

That's funny because with the trade conflict over wood tariffs with the USA and that most wood products come from Canada and from the BC area I would think folks your area would be flooded with wood and low prices. Just goes to show you, you cannot believe the press.
Nope fence panels start around $200 for 8'x6' if you can find any in BC…..

I'm retired and work part time for one of the largest home improvement companies. Had a customer order 16 pieces of 2x12x16 composite decking boards. Told him that each one was $119.99. Total of $ 1919.84. Thought I was going to have to use an AED on him. He ordered it. A lot of contractors have cut back on new construction because of the lumber prices. There is 5 companies that are making all the money. Companies like Georgia-Pacific, Weyerhaeuser.
2x12x16 composite deck boards? How about maybe 1x6x16…..don't think they come in size you mentioned.

Using the words trumpets in your response sounds like a leftist term

THE true dark side did win the last election and are in real time winning by implementing their evil agendas
I apologize for bringing in politics and will delete if it offends anyone
It's biblical, not leftist. The trumpets will sound when Christ returns. No offense taken, it's not political.

2x12x16 composite deck boards? How about maybe 1x6x16…..don't think they come in size you mentioned.
Sorry. It's 0.6x12x16 Techwood UltraShield. Special order at home Depot. The 12fter go for $117.