It is nearly time.........

cornstalker

The dekes are piled in the garage. Cords, weights, paint all carefully examined.

The scattergun has received a little attention. Proper choke tube, plug is in, several practice mounts, a loving touch.............

Ammunition inventory is taken, and is inevitably low.

Daily, the announcement of the season dates and bag limit is searched for on the web.

Leases are signed.

Waders are checked for leaks.

The wife complains a little about the "comeback call" roaring out of the garage.

The Lab is fit to be tied, and every morning when you leave for work pleads in her eyes,"Is this the day?"

God I love this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep those were the days...I use to be an avid duck hunter, but the last 4 years or so I've been to busy chasing coyotes in the.winter to worry about ducks...I shot enough ducks, plus they aren't to good eatin either... Now only if I could shoot 7 coyotes every day, that would be nice, LOL. Seriously though, one of the main reasons I gave up duck hunting is because the weather and the ducks just aren't here anymore. Its like they all dissappeared. The duck hunting has sucked around here the last 4-5 years.

Is that you Jorey???????

Colorado is most certainly not the crown jewel of duck hunting. We do have some good duck hunting and killer goose hunting. I usually kill ducks until everything freezes over, then dedicate the rest of the winter to coyotes and cats. In the spring I try to get in on the conservation season for snow geese.

Ducks can taste like livery crap if not prepared well. Let me know if you ever want a couple of recipes that make 'em taste great.

:cool:

Yeah, I've got a lot of work to do yet. I'm never really ready before the season. What fun would that be? I'll get my woodies and teal ready soon, they the long lines and divers, then the sea ducks... it never ends. It's great!!!

Might even take a little break and try to shoot a deer again this year. Last year broke my 10 year string. But boy did I kill some ducks!

We still have a while here in Ms. Teal season is sometimes good sometimes weak. Last year was week. Low temps are still in the 70's and highs in the 90's. All the vegetation is still as green as poison.

But the shadows from the trees and the gentle breeze are hinting that autumn is almost here. Autumn is usually a four day event in Ms so best enjoy it when that magical weekend arrives.

I'll hopefully shoot some doves, get some platforms built and washt the dekes wit armor all in Sept.

Good luck and let'em get their feet wet.

Decoys are in various stages of disrepair. New boat needs blind and other modifications. Bought 2 cases ammo when a sporting goods store went out of business this summer. Only one month to get all the bugs worked out. It was in the 50s the last couple of days and the dog is confused by the stacks of gear that keep getting moved around and organized. Can't wait.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.