It begins

jbs2014

The anti gun members of the democrat party just introduced this today.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/375659-dems-introduce-assault-weapons-ban

From what I have read this is worse than what Feinstein proposed.

We need to contact our congress members and oppose this. Also, if somebody is real good at writing it would be good to get a petition up at whitehouse.gov to petition a vetoe of this legislation

That will never pass. It's too insane. Let them throw out as much crazy as they want, because the crazier and more insane and oppressive that it is, the less-likely it will be passed.

Also, here's the place where a petition needs to be created...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov

Go to the NRA website and take action. Scroll down the page and click your state. They have prewritten emails which are sent to your particular representatives. Thanks to the NRA, you can make your voice heard quickly.
https://act.nraila.org/default.aspx

Oh, and take note that Trump was threatening to "take on the NRA" over the semi issue. I guess he's now biting the hand that got him elected?

Lets watch and see what Trump actually does. He threatens and toys with players in the game in a way that we have not seen before. He has yet to implement any of the things that we conservatives find unacceptable. He makes sounds like is going to do things that we don't agree with but it seems to be in a way to corner his opposition and expose them for what they are. I will be patient.

Steve

Lets watch and see what Trump actually does. He threatens and toys with players in the game in a way that we have not seen before. He has yet to implement any of the things that we conservatives find unacceptable. He makes sounds like is going to do things that we don't agree with but it seems to be in a way to corner his opposition and expose them for what they are. I will be patient.

Steve
This is what I was saying since the beginning of all this... But given his past, he seems very liberal, so you never know...

If he does pass this, I guarantee his sons will be ****ed off with him, as both are big hunters & shooters, and Don Jr. is a huge proponent of the HPA/SHARE Act being passed.

I hope you are too MuddRunner. I watch that video of Trump talking in that meeting yesterday with Feinstein sitting next to him and she was so giddy I thought she was going to wet herself..... They see an opening and they are going to go for it!

Last edited:
Trump will support the bare minimum gun control to get 60 votes for a pass, he wants to appear effective and take the role as a bipartisan leader that gets things done. At the same time he will make sure the Dems look really bad. He likely baited them into believing he will support their crazy, only to pull out and support something much more conservative, yet bi-partisan to the right leaning dems.

I went to the NRA ILA and sent out a lot of emails, everybody should take 5 minutes! My wonderful state of IL is trying to make me a paperwork felon if I don't turn in all my magazines. It is time for a letter writing campaign! Nutn fancy has a good example

I know some people aren't worried or motivated yet (I don't even own an AR), but it won't take long after they take the evil black guns to go after all our scary sniper rifles that are powerful enough to take out a moose!
We have as much to fear from our RHINO leaders as the DEMS. We should help to stiffen their spines.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.