Is this for real???

No problem this way it was just my roundabout way of referring to supply and demand set the price .
To me it isn't much different than buying a house for $300,000 like a friend of mine did where I live and then selling it for $600,000 in 5 years đź‘Ť
I understand buddy! And I get supply and demand. If you have a super rare classic car that was $10k new in 1968 It could sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars today if it has been properly maintained.

My wife is a realtor in the northwest DFW area. She bought a new build home for a client in October of 2021 for 300k.....8 months later the same clients wanted to move because traffic in and out of the neighborhood was horrible. They put their 300k home on the market for 365k.....it sold for 410k full cash offer in 36hrs!!

When the government is printing money as fast as possible I guess some of us peasants will spend it in the same fashion.

No problem this way it was just my roundabout way of referring to supply and demand set the price .
To me it isn't much different than buying a house for $300,000 like a friend of mine did where I live and then selling it for $600,000 in 5 years đź‘Ť
Yup…
And he is considered a genius and fortunate for making $300,000 on a house. But the next guy is considered a price gouger if he charges too much for gun powder? It's called supply and demand…

Buying a home for 300k and selling it for 600k is not the same as buying a pound of powder for $40 and selling it for $225.

Yes it's all supply and demand but you have a lot more skin in the game on the purchase of a 300k home VS a $40 bottle of powder. There is a lot more risk. The equivalent would be buying a 300k home and selling it for $1,687,500 after living in it for 5 years. Unless you are ok with being homeless or living on someone's couch we all have to pay for a roof over our heads in some way. That 300k home purchase wasn't made by someone to live in it who has millions of dollars in the bank. Saying "its all supply and demand" doesn't justify the carpet baggers "hitting a lick" off the current market situation..... IMO

If this was baby formula or hand sanitizer the AG would be involved.

Buying a home for 300k and selling it for 600k is not the same as buying a pound of powder for $40 and selling it for $225.

Yes it's all supply and demand but you have a lot more skin in the game on the purchase of a 300k home VS a $40 bottle of powder. There is a lot more risk. The equivalent would be buying a 300k home and selling it for $1,687,500 after living in it for 5 years. Unless you are ok with being homeless or living on someone's couch we all have to pay for a roof over our heads in some way. That 300k home purchase wasn't made by someone to live in it who has millions of dollars in the bank. Saying "its all supply and demand" doesn't justify the carpet baggers "hitting a lick" off the current market situation..... IMO

If this was baby formula or hand sanitizer the AG would be involved.

Well, considering GB is an auction site, it's not the same as baby formula shortages that are sold out in stores. People are free to NOT pay GB prices, and wait and watch until they find some at the price they wish to pay.

And, you're living in a house you buy. Powder is a consumable....

Well, considering GB is an auction site, it's not the same as baby formula shortages that are sold out in stores. People are free to NOT pay GB prices, and wait and watch until they find some at the price they wish to pay.

And, you're living in a house you buy. Powder is a consumable....
Oh yeah and I agree that it's a consumable just like baby formula and hand sanitizer. And also a "luxury item" much like baby formula and hand sanitizer. More babies have been fed with out formula than with formula and people have been sanitizing their hands long before purell came along. But throw in the word "pandemic" and all of a sudden purell is a God given right and natural resource.

I also understand that GB is an auction site. It's pretty self explanatory when there is a place to put a "bid". My whole rant is not about the GB or their business practices or the fact that powder is scarce. It's more directed towards the lowlife who is setting the prices.

I also understand that GB is an auction site. It's pretty self explanatory when there is a place to put a "bid". My whole rant is not about the GB or their business practices or the fact that powder is scarce. It's more directed towards the lowlife who is setting the prices.
If you think about it, the "lowlife who is setting the prices", is, in fact, the buyer. Also, you don't know what the seller paid to acquire their Reloder 26 (or Federal 210M primers), so there is an element of potential risk for the seller, like the housing market, just on a smaller scale. I choose not to pay the exorbitant prices on gunbroker, and have tried other more available powders in place of Reloder 26, H-1000 or Varget. Likewise, you have the same option.

Ive been saying that for years. It doesnt bother me that much that they charged the crazy prices, its that theya re the guys that are standing at the stores when the trucks come in and buy everything they can get there hands on. If theres a limit they bring their family with them to buy up their allotment. I am good friends with the LGS gun counter guys and they say every Thursday the same group is there to see what will be available to buy. That's the part that irritates the crap out of me.

I'm needing some RL 26. Or should I say I'm wanting more RL26. I have a 25-06AI that should be finished in a few months and a 300prc that I'm already loading for and my current stock is getting lower than what I'm comfortable with.

So with nobody carrying RL26 online...that I can find...anywhere....that will ship to my door. I decided to crawl through the sewer of price gouging and briefly looked on GB and found this.

Are people in the 2A/hunting community actually able to sleep at night putting out products with these kind of markups??

I would have been ok paying 2x the regular price or around $80 a pound. I get it that times are crazy but not $200 for 1# of powder crazy!

I believe in my heart that there is a special place in hell for the guys trying to sell things at these ridiculous prices!

I know that this isn't new news. But I hope the people doing this stuff have a water pipe bust in the attic and their "stash" gets soaked!!

Sorry for the rant!
Switch to Re23. Extremely similar load data to Re22 but faster and temp stable. Just scored 8lb yesterday from Powder Valley at $39/lb. Perfect for 2506ai and 284ai. Of course 26 would be better for 300PRC but 23 will work. They also had Re33 for a bit. So maybe Alliant is finally producing.

The picture didn't load for whatever reason but search Alliant 26 on GB and you will see what I mean
Don't use GB they have been hacked or something like that I got notice on my phone saying it's not a secure site be careful out there heck ksl classifieds I see it on there and it's a little more pricey but not 200 I seen a 8lb jug for 450 good luck

Ive been saying that for years. It doesnt bother me that much that they charged the crazy prices, its that theya re the guys that are standing at the stores when the trucks come in and buy everything they can get there hands on. If theres a limit they bring their family with them to buy up their allotment. I am good friends with the LGS gun counter guys and they say every Thursday the same group is there to see what will be available to buy. That's the part that irritates the crap out of me.
The crazy prices are what they are. Nobody has to pay them. And honestly I hope they lose their *** on their "investment".

I was talking to the manager at one of the local academy stores a year ago when the ammo shelves were completely bare and he told me that the same 4-5 guys would come in when the store opened every day and buy their allotment, then go to their car and drop off their first purchase and go back inside and do the whole process again. One of the guys bragged about putting the ammo on GB and "making a killing".

My LGS won't sell ammo to these guys. Heck they won't sell firearms to these guys. They have a large 2'x3' sign on the window stating that they have the right to refuse service......and will!

Recent Posts