Is this for real???

I'm needing some RL 26. Or should I say I'm wanting more RL26. I have a 25-06AI that should be finished in a few months and a 300prc that I'm already loading for and my current stock is getting lower than what I'm comfortable with.

So with nobody carrying RL26 online...that I can find...anywhere....that will ship to my door. I decided to crawl through the sewer of price gouging and briefly looked on GB and found this.

Are people in the 2A/hunting community actually able to sleep at night putting out products with these kind of markups??

I would have been ok paying 2x the regular price or around $80 a pound. I get it that times are crazy but not $200 for 1# of powder crazy!

I believe in my heart that there is a special place in hell for the guys trying to sell things at these ridiculous prices!

I know that this isn't new news. But I hope the people doing this stuff have a water pipe bust in the attic and their "stash" gets soaked!!

Sorry for the rant!

I always thought that the 30% upcharge that contractors charge on a spec home was way overpriced. Then I built one, just as the market was starting to crash in 2008. There is a big risk in buying at the peak of the market. We were able to unload the house without loosing our shirts, but I still have two vacant lots purchased at the top of the market that are worth less than 1/4 what I paid for them.

I have curtailed my shooting during this time. I have enough supplies to hunt with, but I don't do a lot of shooting just for fun. If no one was buying at $200/lb, the price would go down.

I always thought that the 30% upcharge that contractors charge on a spec home was way overpriced. Then I built one, just as the market was starting to crash in 2008. There is a big risk in buying at the peak of the market. We were able to unload the house without loosing our shirts, but I still have two vacant lots purchased at the top of the market that are worth less than 1/4 what I paid for them.

I have curtailed my shooting during this time. I have enough supplies to hunt with, but I don't do a lot of shooting just for fun. If no one was buying at $200/lb, the price would go down.
My thoughts exactly. Someone is actually paying $225 a pound or it wouldn't be on GB for $225. I've never listed anything on GB but I assume that GB doesn't get paid until your item sells. So you can have it sitting on there for years as long as you relist it every month or whatever.

I'm needing some RL 26. Or should I say I'm wanting more RL26. I have a 25-06AI that should be finished in a few months and a 300prc that I'm already loading for and my current stock is getting lower than what I'm comfortable with.

So with nobody carrying RL26 online...that I can find...anywhere....that will ship to my door. I decided to crawl through the sewer of price gouging and briefly looked on GB and found this.

Are people in the 2A/hunting community actually able to sleep at night putting out products with these kind of markups??

I would have been ok paying 2x the regular price or around $80 a pound. I get it that times are crazy but not $200 for 1# of powder crazy!

I believe in my heart that there is a special place in hell for the guys trying to sell things at these ridiculous prices!

I know that this isn't new news. But I hope the people doing this stuff have a water pipe bust in the attic and their "stash" gets soaked!!

Sorry for the rant!

Sorry for the rant!
depending on where you are located I have extra RL 26 i would be willing to trade or sell I am in eastern New mexico and would be wiling to meet if within a 2-3 hour drive email me @ [email protected] if interested Thanks

depending on where you are located I have extra RL 26 i would be willing to trade or sell I am in eastern New mexico and would be wiling to meet if within a 2-3 hour drive email me @ [email protected] if interested Thanks
I sure do appreciate that. I'm working 6 days a week right now so its hard to get away or I'd definitely take you up on that offer. Heck if I made it to eastern New Mexico I might not come back lol. I know some real deal cow hands between Clovis and Hobbs. I'd get lost on the Llano Estacato on purpose lol

Like someone on the first page stated how long have you been reloading ?
Myself I've seen this coming for some time now and warned friends to buy when I found them powder/primers/ bullets for the 2-3 years and there was a few that procrastinated and have next to nothing to reload now.
I'm a hound and religiously search daily for reloading components and I usually find what I need.
I've known for the last 5 years that if it's in stock buy it because it won't last long.
But the last year things have really dried up in Canada.
I'm stocked for years to come for what I do but I have cut back on my shooting for fun quite a bit lately.

Like someone on the first page stated how long have you been reloading ?
Myself I've seen this coming for some time now and warned friends to buy when I found them powder/primers/ bullets for the 2-3 years and there was a few that procrastinated and have next to nothing to reload now.
I'm a hound and religiously search daily for reloading components and I usually find what I need.
But the last year things have really dried up in Canada.
I'm stocked for years to come for what I do but I have cut back on my shooting for fun quite a bit lately.
I've been reloading for 18 years. I'm not sure how that comes into play. Yes i comfortably made it thru the 2013 and 2016 "crisis". My original post was about the jacked up prices individuals in the 2A community are selling items for on GB. Somebody somewhere is paying that price or the price would have gone down to at least a 2x markup. I was shocked to see a starting bid price of $450 for 2# of Rl26.

I've only been using RL26 for about 3 years in a rifle that I've had for about 4 years. I have N570 and a load for it in my rifle but RL26 is the best powder I've tried in my gun. I'm not going to run out of powder or primers for really anything I shoot. I've just been making a lot of withdrawals from the powder supply and I'm trying to make some deposits. There is no telling how long this current situation will last and I might have a 10% chance of finding powder now but after November it COULD be 1%.

I look for powder daily and I know that I will eventually come across some RL26 at a somewhat sane price.

I've noticed Alliant showing up now but you better be ready. RL 26 will be sold out fast. Here lately, Natchez seems to be the check place first.

Sorry for the rant!

Sorry for the rant!
Do you have a sealed 8lber of H1000? If so I have a sealed 8lb of RL26 to trade.

Check Brownell's and powder valley. 8 think one of them has it now, unless they sold out again.

Recent Posts