Is this a real rifle

chessman

I'm not familiar with the 1514, but I am familiar with a model 1415. I shoot a savage/anschutz in rimfire competition and have many wins with this rifle. I'm not up on all the anschutz models, but I'll try to do some research on this model. Can you call and confirm the model number?

Any decent anschutz should be worth at least $400. Competition guns that have been well used typically sell for $600 and up depending on stock, action type, sights, etc. The all out space guns sell for several thousand bucks. The only significant risk in buying a used anschutz is that they have soft barrels. You'll never shoot out an anschutz rimfire, but you can ruin the bore by running a bore brush through it too often. That said, for about $250 you can have a new barrel installed.

Thanks gentelmen for responding . I am still on the quest to find out about this rifle . I called my father after I could not find anything on the rifle . He confirmed that the man selling it states the model number is 1514 D . I have alot of models ,1515 , 1516 ect , ect . I just cannot find this particular model. I did find a web site , that apparently sells magazines for this rifle . Hopefully someone out there will know of this rifle or will disclaim this modelrifle . thanks again for the help .

I have been givien the chance to buy a rifle . The only problem is that I do not know if it is real . My father told me of a rifle for sale back home . I asked him to get the model and name brand of the rifle . He told me it is a savage/anschutz 1514 D. I know of both rifle makers , but I can not find any information on this rifle . The only thing I can find is that savage imported anschutz rifles in the 60's. Now this gentelman wants 600 bucks for this rifle . I would like to know if this is a fair price and if the rifle is for real. Anyone Please help!!!

I will be back home in a few days and will be able to see the rifle for myself . I do not think a picture is possible at this time . I have to wait for that type of technology to catch up to my backwoods state of resident

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.