Is there anytime neck turning is not a good idea?

Neck turning is a PIA. It is necessary only with tight neck chambers, usually found in some custom barrels. Factory barrels have enuf clearance and do not need to have necks turned, altho lightly skimming the necks to make them uniform is a good idea. It may have no effect on accuracy.

Neck turning is a PIA. It is necessary only with tight neck chambers, usually found in some custom barrels. Factory barrels have enuf clearance and do not need to have necks turned, altho lightly skimming the necks to make them uniform is a good idea. It may have no effect on accuracy.

I agree. I am just too lazy.

smiley-face-thumbs-up-cartoon-yTkeza64c.png

Of all the things I've done over the years to try and improve accuracy neck turning has had the least effect. I don't do it any more and the only reason I would do it was if I had a tight necked rifle that needed it or my brass was just junk and I was trying to fix it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.