Is the 6mmXC all that it's made out to be.

I'll throw one out there that gets you good vel a great neck decent shoulder angle. 6 SLR. .243 case one trip thru a SLR die and you get a .321 neck 30 degree shoulder same oal as a .243. Brass is way way easy to find and no more prep than a parnet case. Lapua Norma Peterson RWS Winchester, Hornady yada yada yada. Not only will you find it a local store you likely can find it on the ground or in the trash as most any range lol. Do not forget while more powder can mean shorter throat life there is no one making a person run that hot where in a small case its all shes got. 115 @ 3k not an issue and not @ heavy pressure. Likely allow for using h1000 with its cooler temp flame which combined with the neck length and shoulder angle would likely get you vel, accuracy, less throat wear. Basically its the xc meets the 243 and best of all its not a creedmor.

Could you expand on "best of all its not a creedmoor"

Its a joke in jest as so many are in love with the creedmoor and when you say something negative gets their panties in an wad.

I'm bringing this thread back to life.
What has everyone's experience been regarding the 6XC barrel life, accuracy, brass experiences (forming from 22-250 or buying Norma brass), powder choices, and most importantly, on http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/images/smilies/shooter.gif coyotes/whitetail/other game?
My GAP 6XC is exceptionally accurate. I have only put about 100 rounds down the barrel due to other writing/review obligations. The cartridge by itself is very efficient for the size. As far as accuracy, it depends on too many other variables to say. Using 115 Bergers I took a nice Texas hill country buck a couple of years ago. One shot at 225 yards and down he went..

W
I was comparing this to the .243 Winchester in Berger's new reloading manual. Perfect case volume, acceptable bore wear, reduced brass flow and more accurate than the 6br.

Big promises. I've been debating about my next rifle. Maybe chambered in 6XC.

So, is it all that and a box of chocolates, or am I just drinking the kool-aid?
When I was touring Hornady I asked the two guys who test fired ammunition from different batches, what cartridges wore out barrels the fastest. The answer was #1 .220 Swift which was understandable but #2 was the .243 which was a surprise. I did not have enough time to get into details. They normally fire the same amount per batch.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.