IS the 375 ruger a good long range caliber?

Ok thanks...back to the 30-06 discussion I believe with a good fine crosshair scope, ballistic calculator, range finder, long distance shots are definitely doable.

Crap sorry I saw a similar thread on the -06. 375 Ruger in Mossberg Patriot Cerakote barrel finish under 400 dollars...love it...there is brass and primers in Canada in fact any country than good ol U.S. So if you have the fortitude and a friend in Canada buy all u want and go on a fishing trip. I am presently putting a curly maple faux stain on the plastic stock...lookin good !

Crap sorry I saw a similar thread on the -06. 375 Ruger in Mossberg Patriot Cerakote barrel finish under 400 dollars...love it...there is brass and primers in Canada in fact any country than good ol U.S. So if you have the fortitude and a friend in Canada buy all u want and go on a fishing trip. I am presently putting a curly maple faux stain on the plastic stock...lookin good !
Don't ask me why, maybe it's just the custom M70 I have it in but that .375 has pretty well become my favorite for anything under 400yds.

The largest boar I ever shot was taken with a Texas Heart shot at about 450yes running straight away.

He lifted up about 10" on impact and ran about another 50 before petering out and turning sideways looking back my way. Another round just behind the elbow and he was on the ground.

Found the original bullet buried in the shield just in front of his left shoulder.

He measured 6'2" from nose to the base of his tail so an estimated 650-700lbs.

Had one 5" cutter on his right size, the other was broken off unfortunately or he'd have been a spectacular mount.

There are slim needle style boat tail bullets at lg outdoors but you will pay 4 dollars or more each just for the bullet...all brass...pretty but out of my league. I feel sure they would answer the demand for down range 500 yd plus kills. If you ever want to see what a 375 will do check out the kill shots on zebra, cape buffalo, elephants and giraffes on youtube !

There are slim needle style boat tail bullets at lg outdoors but you will pay 4 dollars or more each just for the bullet...all brass...pretty but out of my league. I feel sure they would answer the demand for down range 500 yd plus kills. If you ever want to see what a 375 will do check out the kill shots on zebra, cape buffalo, elephants and giraffes on youtube !
I won't spend my hard earned dollars on those either. I haven't found the need though really to go to high dollar custom bullets to take the .375 Ruger to 500yds on critters or even 600yds for fun.

For 600-1000 though it's time to step up to something like the 300 RUM.

I'm going to do a .338-375 Ruger this year just for fun and think it might stretch the range capabilities of the case sufficiently to take it on to a thousand with still manageable Recoil and muzzle blast compared to some of the larger cased .338's.

Ok thanks...back to the 30-06 discussion I believe with a good fine crosshair scope, ballistic calculator, range finder, long distance shots are definitely doable.
OP is an 11-year-old thread if you want a discussion on any other but the OP. You might want to consider a new thread; otherwise, whatever answer to your query will get buried with this thread.

I won't spend my hard earned dollars on those either. I haven't found the need though really to go to high dollar custom bullets to take the .375 Ruger to 500yds on critters or even 600yds for fun.

For 600-1000 though it's time to step up to something like the 300 RUM.

I'm going to do a .338-375 Ruger this year just for fun and think it might stretch the range capabilities of the case sufficiently to take it on to a thousand with still manageable Recoil and muzzle blast compared to some of the larger cased .338's.