Is Rem 722 thread/tenon the same as Rem 700?

AJ Peacock

Guys,

Will Rem 700 barrel's fit on Rem 722 action?
Same Thread?
Do they need shimmed, or shoulder cut back?

Thanks,
AJ

AJ,
I am thinking the only difference between the 722 and 700 is near the tang for the triggger cut out, but cannot swear to it. I am giving you a bump because I want to know the answer also.
Is the 722 barrel shank 1.060x 16TPI?

Thanks Doc Ed. I have been dealing with so many different tennons lately I can't keep them straight. Between the mausers winchesters savages and remmy 700s and 788s I am getting plenty of practice for a newbie. I am learning a lot more respect for you guys who really know thier stuff. Thanks again for all of your posts, I have learned a good deal from you and a lot of other gurus.

LOL...I probably never end up with the prescribed size anyway.:) I cut threads until they feel right to me....smooth, not to tight, not too loose, no wobble. I can't recall that I have ever measured my finished threads on an action I did not true...but doubt they were 1.0625.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.