Iron sights and accuracy

nhenry

Howd'y!

I'm thinking about putting screw on backup iron sights on my main rifle. I'm wondering, though, if they'll mess up the harmonics of the barrel when shooting? It's a very accurate rifle, so I don't want to throw anything off.

Here's the rifle in question with and without:
IMG_9327.jpeg
IMG_9328.jpeg

I'm not worried about snagging on brush or anything and I happen to like the looks of irons. I just don't want to degrade accuracy by installing them.

All help is appreciated

There was no difference on my Win Model 70 removing them and putting them back on…
I snagged the front sight and thought I had ripped the shade off, nope, had bent the entire front sight, so off it came. Nothing changed after that, even when I put a new front sight back on after I had fitted rings bases/rings and a scope.

Cheers.

Don't have a use for a threaded barrel as I can't afford a suppressor (and don't want one), but thanks for the suggestion.
I said the same until I bought one and just picked it up this last week. Other option is a brake which I find always helps a rifle's shootability. What caliber is that rifle?

I run irons on some of my rifles. However, they were designed to do so and they're all combat/battle rifles. I do have irons on my ruger no 1, but they're worthless to me as I run a LPVO on that rig that gives me 1X.

I said the same until I bought one and just picked it up this last week. Other option is a brake which I find always helps a rifle's shootability. What caliber is that rifle?

I run irons on some of my rifles. However, they were designed to do so and they're all combat/battle rifles. I do have irons on my ruger no 1, but they're worthless to me as I run a LPVO on that rig that gives me 1X.
It's a 280 AI. Brake is also not an option. It doesn't kick bad as it is and I don't want to deal with the added concussion.

The irons wouldn't be primary either, but I have had to use the irons on a rifle before because the scope on it pooped the bed. I'm good with irons out to 150 yards comfortably — that's how my dad taught me growing up. They'd be just that; backup for if the scope goes south. I know that rarely happens, but they're invaluable if it does.