Iosso

I scrubbed this barrel with JB Bore paste for 2 hours, 20 strokes with each new patch, it hardly touched the black stuff…
This was a new REM 700 LR in 300WM, then I got the new REM 700 Sendero II in 7RM, and it had the same black deposits, which you can 'feel' with a dry patch
I cannot get Iosso here, does anyone have borescope pics of before and after?

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.png
    IMG_0359.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0336.jpeg
    IMG_0336.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 85
I scrubbed this barrel with JB Bore paste for 2 hours, 20 strokes with each new patch, it hardly touched the black stuff…
This was a new REM 700 LR in 300WM, then I got the new REM 700 Sendero II in 7RM, and it had the same black deposits, which you can 'feel' with a dry patch
I cannot get Iosso here, does anyone have borescope pics of before and after?

Cheers.
I have never figured out how to post pics to this site.Sorry.Hope others can.
That does look like carbon.Can you get Free All Penetrating Oil in Australia?Anything that contains Methyl Isobutyl Ketone will soften carbon and make it much easier to remove.
Can you get Flitz Bore Cleaner?Others have found it worked for them,I just ordered some to try.
There is another product called Carbon Out that I just bought but have not tried yet but some have had great results with that.
Edit to add:Caution as it may take bluing off barrel.Be sure to wrap barrel with electrical tape.

i don't want to sound stupid, but has anybody ever tried Ez-Off oven cleaner in a bad carbon situation?
gun carbon is created with more heat and pressure, that i realize.

I use the liquid flitz, the green stuff. Its the same as the bore cleaner but cheaper. I add 1/3 to 1/2 tube of iosso and shake it up well. Put on a nylon or bronze brush and go at it. I clean that out with corrosion x which also prevents any rust. Simple but has always worked well for me. I borescope about every 10 strokes. I have bore pics on my computer i can post if you like

Got Flitz Bore Cleaner coming.Should be here by late next week.
I think Ez-Off would also remove bluing so be careful if you try that.
I have some Carbon Off that came in during our snow storm and it has not been opened yet.It will for sure take off bluing so I plan on wrapping the muzzle with electrical tape and vasolene on crown before using it in the bore.Going super slow!

Recent Posts