Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Sounds like you might be just the guy to be the distributor!!
No mate not me, I'd need to get an importers licence, register as a business & jump through the rest of the hoops that you need to sell firearms related gear which means getting an Armourers licence.

Sounds easy right :rolleyes:

There are companies already here doing this like Winchester Australia, Barretta Australia, Nioa, Brownells Australia, Projectile warehouse & many other importers which for a start do the same thing in multi million $$$ amounts so I dont see a guy who lives in a 1 bedroom apartment & hunts a few times a year as being a competitor ;)😁🤐

Its hard enough just to get any gear here because of the ITAR regs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does or will this affect the bc or even the sd of the projectile of choice in caliber of choice being calculated? The overall diameter of the bullet being slightly undersized. Really has me intrigued as there always has to be a trade off.
The overall dia is not smaller. Only part of the bullet that is different is the point on the ogive that reaches bore diameter to the shoulder at full caliber we incorporated a reverse radius to eliminate contact with the lands. This way this results in the ogive of the bullet never being distorted by engraving. Goal was for consistent bc from rifle to rifle. The extra vel is a huge bonus.

SD will still calculate the same way. Bullet weight÷7000÷caliber÷caliber.

.300 PRC with a 1:8 twist. Running 225's right now.
I figure the 8" twist Absolute Hammer will be about 220g. We will see, these very long for caliber bullets are tough. Our 227g Hammer Hunter is a min 8" twist. It pushes the 6x caliber in length. This is a magic ratio where dynamic stability becomes an issue. I think we will avoid getting close to the 6x mark in the future.

I have a 300 Norma Mag Improved, 26" Proof 1:9 twist shooting Berger 215's @ 3150. I would love to try these new bullets out on my elk hunt. What's the heaviest weight bullet you would recommend for this combination and what would be your expected velocity and BC of your bullet.

I have a 300 Norma Mag Improved, 26" Proof 1:9 twist shooting Berger 215's @ 3150. I would love to try these new bullets out on my elk hunt. What's the heaviest weight bullet you would recommend for this combination and what would be your expected velocity and BC of your bullet.
I will give this my best speculation as we have not designed the bullet yet.

The 9" twist Absolute Hammer should be close to 200g maybe 190g. I'll split the diff and call it 195g. This would put the bc pretty close to .245 g7. I think your expected vel will be about 3500 fps. Our Fat Girl (300 Norma imp) runs very close to 300 rum vel. This should be close.

I look forward to seeing how close I came!

Sounds like the CEB Lazer with the addition of the parabolic bands. They are under bore size(0.2625") until the band, the band is 0.2655 ( 0.0015 over on a 140 grain 6.5mm), then 0.264 " for the remainder of the short bearing surface. The .338's are HBN coated but same design. Both these and the Hammers are incredibly consistent in their tolerances.
ceb.jpg
ceb4.jpg
ceb5.jpg
ceb7.jpg
ceb1.jpg
ceb2.jpg
ceb3.jpg
ceb6.jpg
ceb8.jpg

Steve, I just recieved my Rock Creek barrel 1:6.5 for the .277 168HH, should I wait to have my remer made until the .277 line of AH's come out?

Can't wait for a .277 ~150 grain version that could take the .270 Win into whole new territory! Heck if I can get 3150 in 24" barrel with 150ABLR, is 3350 possible then with AH? Maybe more with 26" barrel? Would this be a 1:9 or 1:8 twist for .270 Win?