Interbond 30 cal?

britz

I am working up an all around big game hunting load for a 300 WSM. I like the 165 because it is more than enough for a deer, and still enough for elk (if I ever get the chance to go). It also uses less case capacity and has a little less recoil than the 180-200's. I have been using Hornady Interbonds 165, Looking for opinions on these for consistancy and accuracy. I would go w/ the Nosler Accubonds, but they are a bit more expensive, and the Swift Sciccoro's are much more expensive. Opinions please.
Thanks in advance.

Shoot what your gun likes, I have found all bullets are different to some extent. If long range hunting, this is critical. I have guns that only like a lighter gr bullet and some that like a heavy bullet. All depends on powder, MV and barrel twist, etc.

Good luck in your search

If you let the cost of bullet decide what you are going to shoot you may miss out on the one that works great in your gun. The amount you spend on a day at the range shooting one bullet vs another, even if comparing most expensive to least expensive, is really only going to be a few dollars. You will spend more $'s on the gas to get to the range.
Have fun finding the one.

Steve

I have loaded for three different 300WSM's and all three shot the 165gr Barnes XLC great. That blue coating keeps the fouling toa minimum and also lets you use a higher load than the naked barnes bullets. They are very accurate i have shot i/2 moa groups with all three.
Try to keep in mind the bullet you shoot at an animal is the cheapest part of the whole deal and the most important. Why let 20cents a bullet dictate whether or not you use the best.

Another great bullet is the swift a-frame it's a little spendy but a great bullet. I would stay away from the Swift Scirrocco's unles you get the new version they suck bad

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.