Info about 7mm rum

dave1

Hello,
i havent talked to everyone for a while i did not have access to another computer.
any way ive loaded up 150 scirocco with H 50 BMG @ 104.0 using fed. gm215 havent got to shoot these yet but really cant wait till so. I also have loaded the scirocco with RL 25 i would have to look at my records to rmember the grainage on those.

I just loaded up a batch of 140 Accubonds and am real pleased with the results of my first loading. I went with 87gr of H4831 with CCI mag primers and it shot under an inch all day. the book says around 3350pfs...I would like to break 3400fps, but this load is working for the wife right...yeah...the wife she is shooting it.

She has shot two bucks with it last weekend and bullet performance was great. Both shots were under 100 yards and they hit the dirt at the crack! She had missed a buck the weekend before at 400 yards with her 280, so I loaded her up some ammo for the RUM. She loves the big roar and the recoil is no problem for her.

Here is the two bucks:

attachment.php

attachment.php

i went out today with my uncle and shot some swift 150's @ 200 yards. i tried 102.0 grns of that h-50bmg same fed 215 grn. there was snow flying and kinda hard to see but it worked out pretty good.i shot 5 shots and i threw 2 but about 3/4 away from the other 3. but all in all it was a decent group. i did not see any signs of pressure. my uncle seemed to think there was a pressure problem at the primer. well i reread my lyman book just for a peice of mind. it says people do this alot and seem to think that theres always something wrong with the primer. he said that it seemed like the primer was hit to hard by the pin.i disagreed all 7 rounds i shot today all seemed uniform . i came home and compared some rem factorys i shot. they all looked identical except diff. color primers on my reloads. ne way how does every1 like barnes and nosler i havent used any.
dave

RL25 has been a little freaky for me in the 7 ultra. I think its differences from one lot to the next. I had a great shooting 150 partition load but had to change lots. could not ever match the 3500 fps with out excess pressure after that. I have a load of 90.6 gr imr7828, rem 9.5M primer, 140 AB, oal 3.620 , 3400 fps and one ragged hole groups at 100 yd. For a hotter load I have shot 100 gr retumbo over the 140 AB, rem case, fed 215m, oal 3.670 for 3550 fps and 1 in groups. All loads chronoed at 15 ft.

i tried some rl 25 and with both 150 scirocco and 140 rem psp. seemed like both worked great. i am going to expeiriment some more with the rl.. every1 seems to use this rutumbo i never bought or used it . ive read alot of threads where ppl say they love it and so does the 7 rum. my book "lyman 48th" says that this round loves slow burning powder as we all know. well h 870 is dis. but it says that the h 50 bmg worked great for almost every test bullet they used . i had good hopes when i heard that i bought some i cant complain really. head shots at 200 yards are easy but i want to really figure a good round where i can get the same accuracy at 400 yards and so on. i havent yet tried these bullets at anything past 200 .. im sure this weapon will holdem nice!
P.S. i noticed on factory and reloads each brass has 2 distinctive marks on same location ef brass every time. obviously its something with action.opinion's on what would cause this and does it hurt eccuracy ?

excess pressure will give you ejector plunger marks on your case head. Sometimes even without excess pressure if the ejector hole has a sharp edge. With Rum's you can tell when your runnin too hot...your primer pockets dont last more than a couple reloads. For other marks on the brass in a consistent location.... a poorly finished chamber will do that sometimes. Maybe others will chime in on this. On my 300 rum I get a radial line 3/4 way up the case and its from the chamber. very minor but annoying and a good polishing would probably clean it up and eliminate the issue.

well ive only loaded the gun a few times ill have to see how my brass pans out at the primer hole. on the primer where the pin hits it the hole looks like the pictures in the books explaining primer marks. like the edge of the punch and kinda curled i dont know if ya know what i mean but ne way my factory loads did the sma e so i didnt think it was pressure yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.