increase in pressure signs with same load?

Idaho Sawyer

Got the new Kreiger broke in and did an initial pressure test increasing from 97-103 grs. of RL 33. Saw slight ejector marks at 103 and a node at 101. The gun in shooting lights out, good es, easy bolt lift and no pressure signs. Fast forward to the past few 2 shooting sessions, I have seen ejector marks showing up and this morning fired twice, ejector marks and heavy bolt lift on 1st round, 2nd round struck 1 moa higher than my normal dope and HEAVY bolt lift. these are the details
-338 EDGE, trued Remmy, 101 gr rl33, CCI 250, berger 300's, Nosler Brass
-this is the 3rd round of firings on the brass (shots 101 and 102 from this AM are the only ones fired on the 3rd round)
-102 rounds the tube, intial barrel break in cleaning and then cleaned at round 75, I always use Bore Tec Eliminator
-Same lot of powder, bullets and primers
-shooting conditions have been within 35-55 degrees during every outing
I did a search and I am going to aggressively clean it tonight (maybe carbon/copper build up)?? Other than that any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts