Inconsistant seating on Berger's

trueblue

Is anyone getting inconsistant ogive measurements when seating Berger VLD's?I am using Forester Ultra Die Set to seat bullets, and am getting
different seating depths, and having to measure every loaded round. I think the end of the bullet might be bottoming out in the die, but can't tell, and that is why I am getting different measurements. Anyone gone thru this with Bereger's ?

I had a similar issue with Bergers until I got a custom seating plug made for the Bergers. Take the die apart and set a bullet in to see how it is contacting. I suspect, like you, that the bullet is bottoming out on the tip. Good Luck!

We did notice something very similar. But offen I believe that it might be small inconsistancies in the tip. But we check them all just to make sure that they are very close (1/1000th) to the same and have very accurate results.

CnS

gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts