In the Ear? Really???

Still pretty cool.

The brush is so thick around here that I wouldn't be able to use it in most of the places I hunt. If it is not open farm land, it will have pine trees planted.

...sounds like you have the same country there as what I am hunting! Drove up to Linden to check on the two feeder barrels I had put out in a pretty big clearing this past weekend and found that the whole section was in the process of being cleared of pines. Both feeders had been almost emptied but the pigs I would imagine were long gone as the trucks and other logging equipment had been going to town I guess for about a week.
Moved the barrels about 2000 acres away where I found some torn up ground near some Oak trees. Hopefully with the rank smelling mix and the sweet stuff I spread all around they will get a whiff of it and hang around. The tree guys should be finished by this coming weekend.
I wonder how long before they move back into the section that was clear cut and if I ought to set some more barrels out in that area??

lets see...pakrat, you're fired. scram, you're now in charge of the thread

OK, lets take this from the top. My contract with you says that it expires on December 15, 2015, and you agreed that option years 2 and 3 would be exercised on the provision that I caused to be generated 50,000 views on this thread within the initial 1st year contract period, since you were finding that you can't shoot enough hogs to keep the interest in the thread up, which, by the way, I heard that isn't all you can't keep up! Must be why you do all your hunting at night. You also agreed to rent the truck and AR you pose with in all the pictures, and haven't seen a cent from those either!

BTW, your last 3 checks were made of rubber and bounced higher than a politicians promises.

As soon as I receive my back pay, you deliver the truck and the rifle back to me, the rentals funds and the balance of the year remaining on the contract, I'm out of here.

I want to see you keep the thread active with 2 pictures every 3 months!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

The drought is over! The hog hunting gods smiled favorably upon me this morning. I was able to drop this little beauty around 6:15 this morning. The Barnes bullets came through for me again. Not the biggest I've killed, not the most interesting color pattern, but who care!

I was laying on the ground when I shot her. She was the biggest of a group of 7 hogs. There was so much dust after my shot that I couldn't see them to take a second shot. I put out 200 lbs of corn out, so hopefully they will be back tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• IMG_3163.jpg
    IMG_3163.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 42
scram,
not to criticize your hog or anything, but pakkratt has gerbils bigger than that!

regarding thoz other hog pics... i'd stay up all night any day of the week to shoot them.

pakkratt,
i'll say it once more... YOU'RE FIRED!!!
and btw... your contract is about as good as you're hog killing skillz.

i'm about to get caught up. and whadduya no. full moon rising.

ps - the drone controller has a screen on it. you can see from the drone's pov and also record.

scram,
not to criticize your hog or anything, but pakkratt has gerbils bigger than that!

regarding thoz other hog pics... i'd stay up all night any day of the week to shoot them.

pakkratt,
and btw... your contract is about as good as you're hog killing skillz.

i'm about to get caught up. and whadduya no. full moon rising.

ps - the drone controller has a screen on it. you can see from the drone's pov and also record.

She wasn't the biggest hog, but since it had been almost 2 years since I'd killed a hog, I don't care how big she is. I would have shot a gerbil if one had come out to the corn pile!

My friend got a depredation permit yesterday, so I'll be able to spend more time hinting the hogs.

scram,pakkratt,

i'm about to get caught. and whadduya no. full moon rising.

djones;
Per the Texas and Arizona labor statutes, you can't fire me until I am paid in full. Even as a contract employee, I have some rights, so will continue to pester you until this issue is resolved!

scrmblr: Good job in finally breaking the string of bad luck. However if you go to work for djones, managing the thread, your bad luck is just starting. The more I have been around him, am not sure that he isn't really a politician of some sort. He lies like a hound dog, has all kinds of free time on his hands and is as slippery to pin down to anything factual as the typical politician, so if it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck...........:D

Packrat

Packrat.gif

scrmblr1982cj8;1104501[url=http://www.southcarolinasportsman.com/details.php?id=4676 said:
Tremendous grey Dillon County hog falls to North Carolina hunter's .243 - South Carolina Sportsman[/url]

Shucks scrmblr, that ain't nothing compared to djones photo shopping a 23 Lb piglet into a 800 lb Hog! Wouldn't even have been suspicious except the **** thing had 3' steel tusks cut and copied from two Scimitar swords. That is when I started getting suspicious of his photo's! He's got so good on photo shop he can turn a Red Toyoto mini truck into a 5 ton Army truck......Camouflage paint and all!

Then again, that may be a pretty large hog for N.C.

How come it wasn't you?

Packrat

If it wasn't for my job, new house, 4 month old baby, and my wife, I'd be out in the woods more than I'd be home.

The photo of the black a few of pages back is the largest hog I've got photos of ever. I'm the only one that hunts hogs regularly on my friend's property, so hopefully he will be my first big kill.

Going out in the morning before work. Hopefully I'll have more photos to add tomorrow.

that was a pretty good hog. i was just trying to compliment p-ratt on how ENORMOUS his gerbils are.

and never forget... trophy hogs are harder to find than good jobs, women and houses.

I struck out again. I put out 160 lbs of corn and retrieved the memory card from the trail camera. Checked it at work when I got into work. I got there at 0530, but the hogs left at 0455. I might need to sleep in the stand to get a crack at the big boy!

and never forget... trophy hogs are harder to find than good jobs, women and houses.

Now everyone knows why you work at the Sewage plant, live in a modified chicken coop and make all the sheep and goats nervous in your neighborhood!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

I'm not sure what's got into me, but I got another hog this morning. We walked around a corner and saw a huge sounder in a clearing. Only had time to get one shot off, but she dropped on the spot.

I can't hunt the property tomorrow since tomorrow is Sunday, but I'll be out there bright & early Monday morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.