IMR powders are dressed up like Hodgdon's!

goodgrouper

IMR powders are dressed up like Hodgdon\'s!

We finally got our new shipments of IMR where I work yesterday and they look funny! They have Hodgdon labels, bottles, and lot number stickers. No more rectangular metal cans. I'm going to miss those things, they've stayed the same for ages. Hodgdon must be doing well. They have to be one of the biggest powder companies in the world now. I hope they don't get inventive and change IMR stuff. I like IMR just the way they are!

Re: IMR powders are dressed up like Hodgdon\'s!

Yeah I feel the same way. I hope they don't change IMR.
I have not been impressed with some things about Hodgdon. They dropped H870 without a replacement on the market, and there are atleast 2 completely different Vargets out there right now.
Also, things could get dicey w/regard to shared powder names, such as 4350, 4198, 4227, 4895, 4831, etc. Nothing alike in the past, but who knows now. half of these might go away.

I had read that Hodgons had bought IMR but did not know that
that were changing the cans, so if they are doing this they
will probably make a change in the powder too!, so I believe
that I will go out a buy me some more IMR 4350 and 4895
since this is the two I use the most. Man you just can't
tell what the manufactures will do to mess up a good thing.

I don't think Hodgdon ever made their own powder and since they've bought IMR I've been curious to see if they let IMR make some of the Hod. #'s. I think IMR is made in Canada though so who knows? I think all Hod. Extreme powders are made in Australia now and Olin used to make the ball powders for Hod. I've run into a little lot to lot trouble with the Hodgdon powders that I haven't had with the IMR line. BM

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.