IMR 8208, NOT XBR

letrbuck

Found a source local to me of older IMR 8208 (pre XBR) powder for a great price. Little bit perusing online and I'm pretty sure it's some military pull-down powder. Obviously a couple decades old, but does anyone happen to know if I could expect similar results to the current production 8208XBR?

Seems like it was a mil pulldown powder similar to h322, and T-32 (thunderbird) iirc it was a bulk powder with slightly different burn rates depending on lot---8208 was first made in the 60's and xbr was introduced in 2009 so it's anywhere from 15 to 60 years old, might want to find out actual production date before purchasing

Found a source local to me of older IMR 8208 (pre XBR) powder for a great price. Little bit perusing online and I'm pretty sure it's some military pull-down powder. Obviously a couple decades old, but does anyone happen to know if I could expect similar results to the current production 8208XBR?
I shoot IMR8208. Mine has this labeled, MILITARY SURPLUS GUNPOWDER and has LOT#. I still shoot IMR8208 in tight neck 6ppc,tight neck 222IMP and few others.

I've never tried IMR 8208 XBR so no help.

There were three lots of the 8208 pull-down powder, tiny difference in each. I shot them on P. Dog Towns in 17 Mach 4s, 223, 223 AI, 6 ppc, and 6 BR with some amazing accuracy.
Any chance you used it with heavy 223 bullets and have notes on velocity?

Recent Posts