Illuminated reticle

I have several and a couple have a different method of dimming. One has a potentiometer type dial to adjust, my favorite because it gives the maximum amount of adjustment. The others have a incremental dial and it steps up at each spot on the dial. Not as tunable and can be too much light in low light/ after dark situations. I don't use it much at last light, more in environments with a dark background or in situations where I am under some type of canopy that reduces transmitted light. Useful tool, but if you are concerned about crosshairs at last light I would focus on getting a larger objective lense.

This is a fallacy.

Yeah, not a fallacy just often misunderstood. Here are a couple of articles to help out. In short if you don't feel like reading more than headlines.

A Larger Objective Lens Allows You to Focus More Light Into Your Eye at Higher Magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.