Custom reticle?

Casey Napier

Does anyone know if there is a company who will install custom reticles in Leupold scopes? Premier no longer will, so I sent my scope to Leupold to have one of their ballistic matched reticles installed in my scope. I am not satisfied with the retical since I use it on my long range deer rifle, where most of my shots are at dusk/dawn low light conditions. The dots that corrispond to my rifles ballistics are matched for one hundred yard increments, and are a little on the small size. These small dots are very hard to see, and dissapear in low light. Also the retical is set to be used on the high power setting of my scope, which is a 6.5-20x50, and on 20 power, it gathers very little light. Any advice? or reccomendations?
Thanks
RidgeRooster

Send it back to the factory and see if they can modify it for you as it is glass etched they should be able to modify it for you to your specifications.

Cheers Bill
Australia

This is a wire reticle, not etched and I'm sure they can make the dots larger.

My suggestion would be to sell the scope and buy a NF in either the NPR2 or NPR1 reticles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I'm almost certain the new 30mm LR scopes are etched glass. I have a new 8.5-25x50 with the varmint reticle. It has dead end wires and floating dots for windage. I can see the crosshairs well past legal shooting time on the lower power settings. The dots disappear in low light but the wind is usually not a factor for me to need them right at dusk or dawn. I'm switching all my big guns to the 6.5-20x50 model as my funds permit. Then I will put Kenton BDC dials on them rather than fooling with custom reticles. I have a custom one matched for my load, elevation and temperature. It was good enough to drill a 540 yard pop can first shot on a cross canyon shot the other day. I like the range it, click it, shoot it thing.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm almost certain the new 30mm LR scopes are etched glass.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can be 100% certain now b/c I just got off the phone w/our rep and they are glass etched. I was wrong. Maybe that will be the first and the last time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.