If You can Handle This Level of Nerd...

....... Just the tip!

Do you promise?
;)

Kidding aside, this is an interesting idea. Just sitting here with no real thought put into it I can think of a couple other ways that this might also be done. You've likely opened Pandora's Box here.........
10 years, or 6 minutes, from now there are going to be um, discussions about which is better, the BFD OG method or the A, B, or C method(s).

Do you promise?
;)

Kidding aside, this is an interesting idea. Just sitting here with no real thought put into it I can think of a couple other ways that this might also be done. You've likely opened Pandora's Box here.........
10 years, or 6 minutes, from now there are going to be um, discussions about which is better, the BFD OG method or the A, B, or C method(s).
Just let it happen...

This got rid of the scratchy feeling the bullets have with the chamfers. Also, after mandrel expanding which helps smooth the necks out.

I can see exactly what it's doing. I'm rather surprised this hasn't been brought up long ago. Maybe you just let the cat out of the bag and the super hero reloaders have already been doing this or something like it for years?

What I meant by other methods:

Wrap the suede around a mandrel and bond each wrap to the previous wrap; then cut the result at a mild taper.

Could also turn a mild taper in brass or aluminum and use JB Bore Cleaner on it to smooth the area. Post smoothing case cleaning is an obvious need with this method.

Suede 'patches' in a loop type bore cleaning tip?

I can see exactly what it's doing. I'm rather surprised this hasn't been brought up long ago. Maybe you just let the cat out of the bag and the super hero reloaders have already been doing this or something like it for years?

Wrap the suede around a mandrel and bond each wrap to the previous wrap; then cut the result at a mild taper.

Could also turn a mild taper in brass or aluminum and use JB Bore Cleaner on it to smooth the area. Post smoothing case cleaning is an obvious need with this method.

I like it. I thought of similar. However, the suede compresses a bit after repeated use, so the fit is constantly changing. I adjust quickly by how tight I roll a corner. I suppose in true strop style, like a knife edge, I shouldn't be using so much pressure and thus a suede piece wouldn't need as replaced so much if it were to just be kissing the chamfer hole. The furries of the suede tickling the inside of the hole...

Or a muzzle coning tool, adapted to the proper size.

61lhnszB-0L.jpg

Should be good up to 0.375 cal brass...

$0.40 each on amazon...

Recent Posts