Identifying corrosive primers

cornshank

Came across some older 30 - 06 brass that's primed , and stamped DEN 42 and
WRA 45 . It's like 8 or 10 boxes .
BE0FF41D-73DD-4E56-B51C-F1977B4A82DF.jpeg
20C3B337-C368-46A8-B5DC-AEB697A21A80.jpeg

Instead of removing the primers and placing new , are they ok to load and use?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 32
  • 8DEE531D-D0EB-499B-A350-5722C438AA7B.jpeg
    8DEE531D-D0EB-499B-A350-5722C438AA7B.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
No problem shooting them, but be prepared to clean the corrosive salts out of the barrel when finished. I have fired many rounds of corrosive primers and hot water is what cleans the best. Unless you have access to GI bore cleaner made for corrosive primer cleaning. That stuff is very nasty and it will clean your sinuses out if used indoors.

No problem shooting them, but be prepared to clean the corrosive salts out of the barrel when finished. I have fired many rounds of corrosive primers and hot water is what cleans the best. Unless you have access to GI bore cleaner made for corrosive primer cleaning. That stuff is very nasty and it will clean your sinuses out if used indoors.
👍

👍

Everything made in GI arsenals before 1953 was corrosive. Exception was 30 Carbine which used non corrosive from the beginning.
Good to know, I didn't realize boxer primers were ever corrosive. Never researched much though as it's not a concern to me.