Idaho unit 44 hunt

retiredcpo

Just got back from my unit 44 hunt
Killed mine at 500 yards and my buddies at 200
Saw over 150 head of elk. Theres a pack of wolves in there tried calling theey howled but never came out

Attachments

• 100_1618.jpg
    100_1618.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 430
  • 100_1625.jpg
    100_1625.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 356
We actually saw one a the day before opening and three weeks ago but could not get a shot off.
there is a big black one in there he is preatty brave forest service guy says he sees him alot
I would go back but I still have a cow elk and bear tag to fill
retiredcpo

screech
Where you going to be hunting in 18.
MY son and buddy have been baiting bears for a week now and we will all be up there chasing bears,whitetail and cow elk. our group has 5 whitetail tags 4 bear tags and three cow elk tags.
Im going up this friday to check the bait this friday
retiredcpo

kcebcj
Really was just a spur of the moment thing. We allways put in for the buck tag in 18 and have never listed a second choice, we have heard alot about 44 so this year we put it as a second choice and we drew the dam thing.
But it was good we have seen alot of new counrty ect. Saw ALOT of elk More in one area (approx 5 sq miles) than I have in years, We saw them everyday.
rest assures Im going back to riggins this friday to check the bait site my son put guess we will see how well I taught him.
retiredcpo

retiredcpo

I don't know about 18 this year but here in unit 13 there are a lot of bear. At least once a week there is one in the yard. Just awhile back a big cinnamon boar was right in front of the barn. The dogs took him out of here. Lots of fun seeing them! I have never shot or ate bear. One elk keeps me in meat for a year so no need to hunt bear.

kcebcj
Bear breakfast sausage is some of the best stuff I have ever had.
The first bear gets turn into that, If we get a second we do some steaks and roast.
If you need someone to come up and take care of those bears for you well be right up.
Ill be pasing through on the 7th to go see the daughter in Moscow
retiredcpo

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.