Idaho Predator Management Fee:

HARPERC

I just bought my Idaho (non-resident) hunting license, and bear tag. To add insult to injury there is a new fee, $5 resident, $10 non-resident.

If you need a good civics lesson to pass around to friends perhaps this will be useful.

The same government agency that openly laughed at those of us opposed to the introduction of a new predator (wolf), and asked for more liberal seasons on other predator species, now jack their license fees on bears, and add a punitive tax to boot.

I just bought my Idaho (non-resident) hunting license, and bear tag. To add insult to injury there is a new fee, $5 resident, $10 non-resident.

If you need a good civics lesson to pass around to friends perhaps this will be useful.

The same government agency that openly laughed at those of us opposed to the introduction of a new predator (wolf), and asked for more liberal seasons on other predator species, now jack their license fees on bears, and add a punitive tax to boot.

Just so you know. Its not a predator management fee. Its an access/depredation fee. 1 million dollars to improve hunting access. 500,000 for costs of big game depredation on crops.. and 500 000 for crop damage prevention.

I'll have to go back and read it, vendor told it was a predator fee. Always a bad idea to assume.

Hit a particularly sensitive nerve, and ****ed me off.

Thanks for the correction!

I'll have to go back and read it, vendor told it was a predator fee. Always a bad idea to assume.

Hit a particularly sensitive nerve, and ****ed me off.

Thanks for the correction!

Well. In addition the idaho fish and game never laughed at anyone over wolf reintroduction. From the get go they advocated for policy that put wolf management under state control and allowed hunting of wolves. We were the first stare to implement a wolf plan that helped delist wolves from protected status and authorized the first wolf hunts.

jaeger19;1310935}.......In addition the idaho fish and game never laughed at anyone over wolf reintroduction...........[/QUOTE said:
I sincerely appreciate the correction on the fee. I did read it myself today, and see where the clerk inserted predation, for depredation.

You're mistaken regarding the quoted portion of your post. In my personal contacts with IDFG, I found them rude, dismissive, arrogant, mocking etc.

The tide did turn when they watched the bottom fall out of non-resident licenses. Those prices continue to increase, and while initially mistaken about what this money is tagged for, it's still an attempt to recoup those losses.

IDFG has made some attempts to rein in predation, longer seasons, multiple bear tags, etc. "failure is an orphan" comes to mind regarding the overall process of introducing Mackenzie Valley type wolves into the lower 48.

While your experience was positive, that experience was not universal.

Plenty of old wolf threads here, covering some of the public comments made by the department as they occurred.

Some in the Fish and Game dept liked wolves when they were introduced and still do. Their director signed the paper to bring wolves into the state. I don't have a lot of sympathy for their lack of funds.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.