Idaho Elk, Unit 54 and 55

sdraper

I am 8 months new to Southern Idaho and live in Burley. I have the Sawtooth range in my backyard but was looking for some help on where the Elk are. I went up last weekend and saw some signs but nothing telling me where their going. Any ideas on where to go or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Are you scouting or preparing to hunt this fall? Units 54 and 55 are controlled hunts only for bulls. 54 has an A tag general hunt for anterless within a very specific boundary.

My son has a tag for a cow. We checked with fish and game and only the forest service land in 54 is off limits. All of the areas on the Owoyhee Hills is open. Thx

google earth is your friend use it, find the holes and areas away from roads and quad trails start there. there is lots of elk there you just need to put in your time. 2 yrs ago archery draw i was with my vet neighbor and we saw no less than 25 shooter bulls and 100 + cows in 3 days.we were by nevada.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.