Idaho Bull Hammered with .284 143's Hammer's

Hbomb11

I have had Hammer bullets for about a year and finally got to drop the hammer on a bull. He rolled down the mountain about 30 yards where he piled up. I don't have picture of the recovered bullet but it performed exactly as advertised. It was a tough hunt this year, most of the animals I saw were much lower elevation than anticipated.

Attachments

• IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,067
Nice! Inquisitive mind wants to know, cartridge? Velocity? Distance? Great result; anyone would be proud.

I hunt with a 7mm Rem Mag. Last time I was at the range they were running about 3300 to 3330 FPS. It was only a 125 yard shot. I do most of my elk hunting by sneaking through the woods so the majority of my kills are under 200 yards although I have a few that I have shot at over 400. Where I hunt it is pretty thick and not a lot of opportunity for longer shots.

I'm going to be trying that bullet in my 280 very soon. Should be operating in the 3000 - 3100 fps neighborhood, a little behind your 7mm magnum. Everybody seems to like these bullets .......

I have had Hammer bullets for about a year and finally got to drop the hammer on a bull. He rolled down the mountain about 30 yards where he piled up. I don't have picture of the recovered bullet but it performed exactly as advertised. It was a tough hunt this year, most of the animals I saw were much lower elevation than anticipated.
NiceBull, Congrats... REALLY NICE

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.