ICON Update

Ian M

T/C could have sold their entire years production (not exactly correct, you can say they DID) by noon on the first day of the SHOT show. Believe they could have sold their entire second years production pretty much to one buyer on the second day. Great stories that reflect the incredible interest in the new rifle.

Reality as I understand it, the rifle is still a long way from being built - for anyone. The 6500 pieces of fancy stock wood is only a number, many of the blanks may not even be suitable for an ICON stock, maybe they will. I believe it is fair to say that ICONS will be somewhat difficult to obtain because of demand, but T/C ships to their big accounts who are more at the distributor level, where they go from there is not T/C's decision.

I would not get too cranked up about the wood quality, they are not going to go from showpiece wood to fence-planks just like that. Hopefully later in the year you will see a few ICONS on the rack and get to make a choice. I have a feeling they will not be flowing out of the factory for a while longer than anticipated. This is still pretty early in the life of the rifle.

I suggest being patient, I believe you will find the rifle to be worth waiting for. They are still making decisions on the final touches - even tho the catalogs are out. I have a pretty good "in" on the current status of the ICON and cannot honestly tell you when I hope to get one. I think right now there are six prototypes, one heavy rig built by GA Precision and five .30's that T/C showed, including at least one marked .30 T/C. The GA tactical ICON Is slick - shoots bugholes with .260 factory loaded BHA Match ammo.

Hopefully they have the wood they say they have. I have been waiting for 3 months on a replacement stock for my muzzleloader. They said they do not have any wood left. They switched venders and have not been able to find another one yet that meets what they want. Hopefully soon.

I would love to have one of the new rifles, but it sounds like it is going to be a long wait for one.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.