I wear glass'es

Re: I wear glass\'es

Probably.....

I wear trifocals and one eye sees crooked and the other won't focus the best. I have no idea of what most of these folks are talking about with differences between scopes. I looked through a NF once or twice, seemed bright but stadias were so fine as to be hard to see against a background. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Not the scope's problem, just my eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I get along just fine w/SuperSnipers and Weaver Tacticals and Zeiss Conquests and some others.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm near sighted. Will that hender my ability to see the difference between a Sightron S3 and a Night force NSX

[/ QUOTE ]

No! Absolutly NOT.

Near (or far) sightedness is normal for most people, and that is why eyepieces on scopes are adjustable.

It has NOTHING to do with your ability to resolve images.

I am near sighted and my vision (with glasses) in each eye is 20/12.

Iron Worker, Up until two years ago I was VERY nearsighted (20/200). I was able to see with glasses and later bifocals as age came on. Depending on your head position, you might need shooting glasses without the bifocal. With the scope adjustment, you probably won't need the bifocal to see your reticle. Also, different brands of scopes have different focal lengths and are easier to get the reticle in focus. NOT all scopes have enough adjustment to focus for all eyes. Experiment and you'll find out the best combination. OR have lasix surgery and help the problem of hunting with glasses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I wear trifocals & I'm having a heck of a time shooting from the bench. I always have a problem with a split image between the top and middle lens, when looking through the scope. Nothing works like it used to when I was 35-40 years old. I can't tip my head back far enough to consistently see through the middle lens & I can't bend my head down without seeing partly over the top of my glasses and partly through the top lens..
About the only thing I can think of, is to get bifocals with either the two top lens or the two bottom lenses.
I've got a little taller rear bag that might help. I sat on a shorter stool at the range & that helped a little, but I haven't found a good solution yet. The top of the benches seem about 4-6 inches too low. Maybe the club will allow me to make some spaces to put under the bench legs.
Any solution I think of, I drive 50 miles each way to shoot & if it doesn't work, I'm screwed for another day.
I'm actually shocked searches turn up very little & what I do find isn't a solution.
This is driving me nuts!
Maybe I need to build a smaller adjustable sub platform which is large enough for for my adjustable rest, rear bag & left arm???????

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.