• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED I need some help on a rem 700 300 um

swebb38

I found a rem 700 in 300 Rum and its got a full 1" bull with brake, all composite stock and I guess a parkerized finish on all metal.I dont know if this is a factory gun or not...was a police use weapon and its for sale for 1400.00 with very little use....is this a good price for this gun?
Any help would be appreciated
Stacy

Find out what kinda barrel and brake it is, and who did the gunsmithing work. Also find out what kind of stock it is. Doesn't sound like a factory rifle to me..

My guess is if its got a nice barrel and brake by a reputable company, as well as the stock, it could be worth $1400..

Pretty sure not factory and not police. Someone put that together.

Key question in a gun like this is what does the barrel look like inside?

For that kind of money you really need a borescope to look at the barrel.

If it shows lot of firecracking and checkering, deduct $500 for a new barrel, and all you have is an action and stock which is not worth $1400.

Will they give you 3 day return so you can take it to a smith and have it checked for that? Make sure that is one of the return conditions, ie firecracking in the barrel.

BH