I jumped on the 22 Creedmoor bandwagon

Thank you, @ prcwv, ..
I was thinking that, it should and hoping that, the .22-250 Rem Chamber would, "clean up" after, reaming it out to, .22 Creed !
I have 3 Tikka "Lefties", and YUP,.. there's nothing better, unless you put, $2-3 Grand, into building, a semi- "Custom" !
I may Rent a reamer and, do it Myself, as I used to Ream out / set Headspace on, many Brownell's "Short Chambered" Douglas Premium grade Barrels that I put on, Model 98 Mauser's then, cut/ Crowned, Blued Action and Barrel and, Re-stocked them, in my younger days.
I just went Slow with, the Reamer, cleaned chamber and, checked headspace,.. OFTEN

Last edited:
I was searching 22-250 lefties an the Tikka an Bergara. The Bergara weigh 9.9lbs no way. On Tikkas web Paige shows 1 in 14 but apparently they just switched or did a special run of 1 in 8. I'm not sure what reamer my gunsmith rented but it cleaned up great I have had no trouble at all. I'm in WV gunsmith in MD about 1 1/2 hr away reamed it, threaded it an re etched it to say 22 Creedmoor. They run about 900-930. I ordered my gun through local shop. First Tikka action an it won't be the last! It is so.....smooth. I ordered a factory 5 round mag it shoots an cycles like a dream.

Thank you, @ prcwv, ..
I was thinking that, it should and hoping that, the .22-250 Rem Chamber would, "clean up" after, reaming it out to, .22 Creed !
I have 3 Tikka "Lefties", and YUP,.. there's nothing better, unless you put, $2-3 Grand, into building, a semi- "Custom" !
I may Rent a reamer and, do it Myself, as I used to Ream out / set Headspace on, many Brownell's "Short Chambered" Douglas Premium grade Barrels that I put on, Model 98 Mauser's then, cut/ Crowned, Blued Action and Barrel and, Re-stocked them, in my younger days.
I just went Slow with, the Reamer, cleaned chamber and, checked headspace,.. OFTEN
No problem, I called an asked about it an the there's 3 the work is divided between. The one doing it looked up the specs an said oh yeah that will clean up nice. I've had flash light in chamber checking for carbon ring an it looks factory. Gave em so ammo to make sure it fired an ejected before they sent reamer back. One shot worked flawless. An yes I have a 700 custom with blue printed action which ruined me then I got this Tikka was impressed added a few drops of Break Free Clp an wow. If it's tilted forward you can't hardly single load it bolt keeps going closed. Lol

No problem, I called an asked about it an the there's 3 the work is divided between. The one doing it looked up the specs an said oh yeah that will clean up nice. I've had flash light in chamber checking for carbon ring an it looks factory. Gave em so ammo to make sure it fired an ejected before they sent reamer back. One shot worked flawless. An yes I have a 700 custom with blue printed action which ruined me then I got this Tikka was impressed added a few drops of Break Free Clp an wow. If it's tilted forward you can't hardly single load it bolt keeps going closed. Lol
I'm not sure what free bore it is. I told him I was not gonna use anything over 80 eldm. They measured 2.630 COAL an it's 2.660 to lands

Please share more about the bullet performance as I am currently loading my 22 CM with the same bullet but only to get out and plink with what I had on hand. Never thought of it as a hunting bullet.

Bullet performance has been stellar. The wound channels with the 75ELDMs are impressive. Sometimes they exit, sometimes they don't. Most of the times further shots (250+) exit, closer shots typically don't exit. I've thought about going to the 88 as I've heard it's a killer also but I don't think you really get the advantages of the 88 until you get past 500 yds and I almost never shoot past that at an animal as I don't need to.

FYI, I've heard and seen a lot of evidence photos that seems the 77TMK is king when it comes to 22cal killing power. Something about that bullet that makes wound channels that you would think a deer was shot with a 300win.

There's a monster thread on Rokslide that shows evidence of this.

My 22CM is also my go to coyote rifle and the 75 does great on them as well so it works for me with what I do.

In all honesty, I think the only downside of the 75ELDM is lack of blood trail if you don't get an exit.

I have the most confidence in that rifle then any other I have. If an animal is 500 or closer, I know it's dead before I pull the trigger.

I shot the 75gr A-Max (moly) bullet at 3,670fps from the 22-243AI. It hammered fat PA groundhogs out to 1,000yds. Big, fat groundhogs were always found around agricultural fields. I would have liked to try taking critters farther but finding suitable areas to hunt longer distances was difficult.
Care to share your load data? I'm shooting the same but in the 3450-3500 range with h1000

I have a hard time picking up any other rifle anymore... for just about everything I do. I haven't touched my 6.5 in years. Deer, pronghorn, coyotes, javelina...

That's great shooting also, I wouldn't mess with it.
What ya using for brass?If one uses 6.5 cm ,would one have to neck ream them going to 22 cal?