I cant figure out where my pressure is coming from.

That's too bad, but not surprising from Savatage. About 2 years ago they had a whole batch of those corrugated barrels escape the factory. A few years before that, it was the Edge/Axis series that shipped with that same problem. And those of us who have been fooling with Savage long enough remember the 80's barrels and their "tight spots".

Hey guys, its been a while since ive posted. Just been extremely busy lately. Anyway, i ran 5 rounds through the lapua (300gr berger 99gr RL33) and cleaned most of the powder fouling out with hoppes and isopropyl alcohol and scope it again. Here are some pics. I will call savage on monday and see if i cant get a replacement barrel.

Muzzle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 56
And chamber end, an upclose of the copper mountains (and im not talking about the ones near Jeff's place either ;))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 50
Call customer service and request to send the rifle in for service. If there is a problem with the barrel they may replace it for no cost.

Been there and done it with a problem barrel. A new barrel was installed, precision tested, and sent back no charge. Savage even included a five shot target with group.

Just something to consider.

It looks like the drill or reamer went afowl. From the distance between the groves I would say reamer had a goober in it. Lapping may cure the problem, but be quit a bit of work may be involved, Sending the gun back may be the best. If I sent the gun back I would on the underside of the chamber put 2 or 3 little punch marks on the barrel so it would be easy to identify. To be sure the barrel is replaced. No need wasting more ammo or loading components trying to reprove the same barrel. Good Luck in a cure.

Just thought i would give an update, i called savage and they said to send it back and they would take a look at it.. UPS was supposed to come pick it up but that didn't happen.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.