I cant decide...help haha

Ok I have been debating for months on what long range rifle I want to build. I'm going to build off a doner Remington 700 action. I have narrowed it down to two calibers. The 28 nolser or a 300 ultra.

I was thinking of the 28 nolser throated out to receive the 195 bergers to get the high B.C. of the caliber

With the 300 ultra I would get an extended mag and make sure its throated to seat the 225 bergers out further.

I've hunted with a 300 ultra since I was 16. So I dont know if it's just a confidence thing that I keep wanting to go back to that caliber. I know the 29 nolser would have a little better bc
Gaaaaaaaa I dont know. Help me choose!
300 ultra and don't look back. Last you longer time too with longer barrel life.

Thanks guys....seems the census is leaning toward the RUM. So I guess it wasn't just me having an attachment to the 300 rum haha
I will look into that 338 edge, though I dont know if I need such a large caliber

Thanks guys....seems the census is leaning toward the RUM. So I guess it wasn't just me having an attachment to the 300 rum haha
I will look into that 338 edge, though I dont know if I need such a large caliber
A lot of people think a larger caliber is to much and will destroy to much meat. That's not true. A lot of times they put the game down quicker and with less meat loss. No the larger calibers may not all ways be needed but they are a lot fun.

So I guess it wasn't just me having an attachment to the 300 rum
I was in the same 28 excitement, but as was mentioned what can the 28 do that my rums or lapua cant? So i got a 6.5prc for the next one and enjoy the low recoil and no brake. When im going to hunt the long stuff for BULLs the .300 with 215 berger or .338lapua comes along. The 338 edge as was mentioned would also be up there in the list for me above the 28.

Would anyone happen to have some load data for the 245 bergers out of a 300 rum?
Or any good high b.c load data good for hunting for that matter
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.