I bought the Idaho chip for on Garmin 650, anyway to also use it on my OnX app?

Marine sniper

Like the title says, I have a Garmin 650 and OnX on my Phone. Rather than downloading a bunch of maps onto my phone app I am hoping to be able to use the Idaho chip since I already bought it.

The reason for the redundancy is the larger / better resolution on the phone.

Like the title says, I have a Garmin 650 and OnX on my Phone. Rather than downloading a bunch of maps onto my phone app I am hoping to be able to use the Idaho chip since I already bought it.

I did the same thing several years back on my first DIY antelope hunt in Wyoming

OnX app is a subscription--unless they have changed the fee schedule is either 1 state or all of them. I don't think the Garmin chips can be used or transfered onto your phone.
Chip is for his GPS the app is on his phone it's about redundancy and a bigger screen for a better view

Buy a cheap tablet that uses SD cards. Make that your hunting map. Works for me.

I thought the chips were specific to Garmin gps, plus you'll need a micro SD slot in the phone.

SD cards will work in anything that accepts them. No do not need a Garmin.
I meant the maps are designed for Garmin software. I know that the original software download from onx for computer, are dedicated to a specific gps serial number. They don't sell that anymore and went with the chip and current service now. You can move the chip to any Garmin gps, true, but whether it works in a phone with whatever app you have, I don't know, and not sure if the chip works with the onx app since that is a subscription service. That is a question for onx guys to answer. As far as downloading on the phone from onx, you can now use the computer and browser to select map segments you want and they will download to the phone when you open the onx app. Easier than choosing maps on the phone. Now if you have limited storage capacity on your phone...that is a different issue.

Ya, I was hoping to avoid having to download a bunch of maps onto my phone since I am not sure where all I am going to be hunting.
Confirmed by onx, hunt chip for gps not compatible in phone for mapping purpose. But ya never know, somebody has probably figured out a way to do it with an ap that emulates a Garmin gps.

Hit the easy button and down load it to you phone, I run both and both have a place. Playing with the GoHunt app and liking it a lot maybe a good thing to have two different apps.

It used to be that their chips came with a code to use for the app. It's been a while since I've bought a chip. Though when I have bought a chip for redundancy they gave me a better rate since it wasn't going t come with the code for the app since I was already an elite member. I'm not sure what they told you when you called them but they've always been very helpful when I've called and ordered chips or extended my service for the app.