I am looking in to buying a 300 win mag, for SAMBAR Deer Hunting up to 800m.

schwabdog

I am looking in to buying a 300 win mag, for SAMBAR Deer Hunting up to 800m.
Was wondering if any one wants to share a good selection of bullets for this Job.
And any other facts about the 300 win mag,
LIKE, affective range, longest kill on big game, Ballistics any any thing anything ells.

I own a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker (W/ BOSS brake) in .300 Win mag. It's an excellent rifle and very accurate with the adjustable BOSS muzzle system.

I recommend 200 0r 220 grain bullets. The Berger 230 gr. Hybrid Tactical bullets are the very best for retained velocity and energy, as well as being less affected by wind than the popular 180 gr. bullets.

As for a scope, my Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 X 50 mm objective is a great scope for the money. I like the H 59 reticle but many prefer the TREMOR reticle. I use a 20 MOA Picatinny rail and Vortex 34 mm rings.

I am looking at trying the 208 gr. Amax bullets in my 300 win mag. Trying to find a good load for them. Any suggestions?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.