I am falling apart ...

I had a carpal nerve release and cubital nerve release surgery on my left-hand yesterday. It went well and managing pain/recovery well.

Next week, I have my initial consult with a neuro-surgeon due to a pinched nerve on my neck. Depending on the outcome, I am also inline for a right shoulder rotary cuff surgery. Other than that, all is well. 😇

Cheers!

Ed
Man that sucks !! Hope all is well soon.

Man that sucks !! Hope all is well soon.
Despite it all, I am doing well now. According to the oncologist, for cholangiocarcinoma, the critical part historically is the first 2 years (sometimes 3) to show any complications; mine is coming on 2 years in August. He recommends every 90-day surveillance instead of every 180 days for at least another year.

Proverbs 3:7-8

"Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."

…..and the 'Phoenix' rises again!!! Congrats brother. 👍
Amen, Brother!

I am unsure when, but the wife still plans to visit the KY Derby and hopes to see you and the ladies.

My follow-up appointment with MD Anderson Cancer Center (this time, we were at the main center in Houston instead of League City) went well. All my blood works and CT scans are all positive. The oncologist wants to be back in a year.

@asd9055, thanks, Brother, for meeting my wife and me for lunch. It is always lovely to see you. Perhaps my timing is better next time, and your wife and Brother @bamban can join us.

Thank you, Lord, for all my blessings, esp. of good health and friendship.

Ed

Old West Yes GIF by GritTV

Good luck. Just left my pain mgmt dr this morning. Shot in neck muscle. Going back for injection in ankle. Severe arthritis from neck to ankles. 5 fused vertebrae in neck. Both shoulders operated on. One knee replaced, other waiting to be. Both hips bad, doing physical therapy on right now. Getting old sucks!

Good luck. Just left my pain mgmt dr this morning. Shot in neck muscle. Going back for injection in ankle. Severe arthritis from neck to ankles. 5 fused vertebrae in neck. Both shoulders operated on. One knee replaced, other waiting to be. Both hips bad, doing physical therapy on right now. Getting old sucks!
But it beats the alternative! Stay the course and wish you the best!

Sounds like you're doing great. It's all about attitude, overcome what ya can, deal with what ya have too ... adjust if need be. We all fall apart some much sooner than others. I even died once, an aneurysm just about did it for good, but I was 38 and stronger back then. Had to start from the beginning, I didn't know my own name and had work up from there, after a coma...
I've had 5 shoulder surgeries, so a few repeats...
Should have s colorized MRI, the best surgeon you can get in your area, if possible, After surgery get the injection in the neck nerve that allows your shoulder to go numb for about 8 hrs, ask for some morphine tabs for under the tongue, better pain relief. Get the coolent pump shoulder device that pumps ice water to your shoulder area, to keep down swelling.
Go to physical therapy, and do exercises religiously. And you should do pretty good.
I still shoot a 50BMG...I didn't say I was smart, but the metal shoulder bolts absorb some of the recoil.
Gotta have a sense of humor.
Don't worry the falling apart as it's not done, there is a whole bunch more to follow...life was never meant to be easy, it's always a struggle. Your easiest day was yesterday. Be thankful for want you have, for those parts still working, knowing it could always be worse.
Life is good...
Over the last few years, I had both shoulder replaced, One knee, and 2 pacemakers. Not bad in the last few years. Just call me lucky!🤣 The Golden years!:oops:😂

Feenix glad to hear that things are on the right track for you. Hope it stays that way. Best wishes to you and all of the long range community.

Ed,
Feel your pain! I go in Thursday for rotator cuff AGAIN on right shoulder! Had complete reconstruction in Dec 2018 and screwed it up ALL by myself. Spinals stenosis in lower back of worse rating, spinal arthritis in same area, neck stenosis and bad disk in neck. Still plugging along. The old saying "Grin and bear it" seems to be more and more applicable the older you get.

Then again, we are still VERTICAL so I can live with that! The big problem is no shooting rifle or bow for quite some time.:mad: My only absolute need to is to be able to pull bow by September for mule deer hunt in Montana with son and his friend!!! I will MAKE it happen!

All the best to you for speedy recovery and suggest asking about home traction for your pinched nerve in neck. I use home traction all the time and it works wonderful!
Can you use a crossbow? With Dr exemption?

OMG, that mirrors my ailments to a tea.
Except right hand carpel tunnel release and nerve/vertebrae surgery on neck, rotator cuff surgery on right shoulder and left shoulder irreparably damaged. Also have 3 bone pieces floating around in my left hip joint. Welding large steel has destroyed my body and I gave it up 20 years ago.
I know your pain.

Cheers.
Aggregate crushers wrecked me! And many others
Wrist, shoulders, knees, Back.
Still running equipment lol dumb de dum dum dumm 😂❗😂

Yes it Does.