Husky or Stihl

Trm82

What's your choice and what are you running?

This house hold has a 372 xp , 562 xp , 357xp
Stihl ms170.
Love Husky's. 562 is my favourite with modded muffler.

Last edited:
Im a Husqvarna fan, worked for a heavy diesel workshop 20 years ago that had a small engine dealership attached, the Husky's are easier to work on, better air filters, less vibration.
Nothing wrong with Stihl, and like all brands different models are better than others! Some Stihl saws are better than Husky saws.
I run;
2 x 372xp
395xp

Im a Husqvarna fan, worked for a heavy diesel workshop 20 years ago that had a small engine dealership attached, the Husky's are easier to work on, better air filters, less vibration.
Nothing wrong with Stihl, and like all brands different models are better than others! Some Stihl saws are better than Husky saws.
I run;
2 x 372xp
395xp
Got to love those 372 xp's.
Best saw husky ever made.

stihl for life in this house - 460, 261, 211
i grew up with my dad and his dad running nothing but on my farm. so i guess i was indoctrinated.
but ive become a fan of echo too(600p, 352, 2511t). plus working on them is just like a stihl(t27 bolts)
my fave top handle overall is the echo 2511t.

I'm not a logger just cut about 10 cord a year in fir/tamarack. Fall trees up to only about mid 20's and under 60'.
Run a Stihl 56 for decked logs and a 440 for falling and bucking. For smaller hard to get footing odd positions etc use a husky 455 or 460.
My retired logger/faller buddy who cut old growth/huge wood on the OR/WA border uses a tuned Husky 372 for everything.
I really prefer his saw as it flat rips and is smoother running for hand vibration.

For trees, either.
for trenching in fences,termite trences and ethernet cable ,Stihl, clutch is covered
Stopping off at the Dollar store or bar with load of wood on,...........Craftsman,
nodody will steal it,
Craftsmans are gray Husky/Poulun,
I've ran that test.

Yup, 281xXP! A few piston and heads later🤪

IMG_1153.jpeg

I had a Stihl 361 for years, loved that saw. I think maybe I replaced 1 spark plug in 10 years, it cut about 10 chords plus/year. It was stolen, so I replaced it with a 572xp. I like it even better. The balance and ergonomics are superior to the Stihl, and that makes a difference (in my 40's)! I've also got a stihl 500xi. That thing is an animal, but even with a shorter bar it's too much saw for me. I usually grab the 572.

I've run both and some models are better than their counterparts so it's really wash or warsh. Years ago I switched to sachs / domar 44 model ported and polished, my big bar is 60 inches, file down the rakers and I can throw a 4 ft curly que that stretches to 8 foot full wrap handle. This saw is not for the timid or someone who cut firewood for fun , it's dang near dangerous and loud oh man!! I cut big big cottonwoods for people cleaning out creek bottoms

I had a Stihl 361 for years, loved that saw. I think maybe I replaced 1 spark plug in 10 years, it cut about 10 chords plus/year. It was stolen, so I replaced it with a 572xp. I like it even better. The balance and ergonomics are superior to the Stihl, and that makes a difference (in my 40's)! I've also got a stihl 500xi. That thing is an animal, but even with a shorter bar it's too much saw for me. I usually grab the 572.
Those 572's are pretty awesome. Wish I had went with one of those over the 562.

Had a bigger xp..think it was a 272xp..ran a 26" bar easily..sold it while living in a city.....moved to country..got a used 242xp..had top-end problems....
Bought a 359 that had been worked over brand new....more fuel..more(extremely loud) exhaust.........but with a nice sharp chain that 12# saw with 24" bar makes fast work of trees....fun to run....
Still have the saws...no more trees....
😔