Huskemaw scope - How to use the wind hash marks?

bgbuck153

I was wondering what magnification was needed on close, mid range, and 1,000 yd shots for the hash marks to work correctly? I have the 5-20 original husky.

Re: How to use the wind hash marks? ?????

Don't know much about the Huskemaw scopes, but I assume they are second focal plane (sfp) scopes. If that is the case, then the answer is probably going to be at the highest magnification - in your case 20X. Most manufacturers of sfp scopes base their reticle accuaracy on the highest possible power. Their are a few exceptions, so read the owners manual or check their website.

With first focal plane (ffp) scopes, you don't have to worry about power setting. The are dead on at any power range - because the reticle is situated in the ffp.

Here's a screen shot from the owners manual.

I intepret this to mean each hash is 1 MOA windage when the scope is on 20X.

Attachments

• HSR 3MOA wind hold.jpg
    HSR 3MOA wind hold.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 218

Yes. When set at 20x, each hash is 1 MOA, at 10x each hash is 2 MOA. Additionally, the vertical height of each hash mark is also calibrated to a known height in inches for use as a back up ranging capability.

I know that picture is for illustration, but dang if that picture were accurate that ram would be anywhere from 1300-1400 yards away! gun)

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.