Hunting times

jmason

Is there a time of year where your success rate becomes better during the day than at night? I live in PA and our deer rifle season puts a ton of pressure on our wildlife. I think at this time a lot of animals become nocturnal because of the day time pressure. Have any of you found that in situations similar to mine that at some point coyotes become active during day time hours again or is night hunting always preferred?

the yotes are out there year around, if your hunting for fur then winter time is best, as for time of day , if you have a good set up you should get yotes if they are in the area, remember predators hunt a lot at night , full moon nights there really out, i live in south tex. on a ranch and we hunt yotes all year, they prey in our quail , nest and chicks , yotes get about 30% of our quail , each year, in some areas of the ranch thet kill about 78% of our white tail fawns , ive, never hunted in the east, but from what ive read theres a lot of good hunters there,some one will give you good info, on pa . good hunting , gun)gun)gun) never give up!!!!!!!!!

No giving up here. I just wondered if they became less nocturnal at some point up here in the east. I have only had success here at night on full or semi full moons. I would feel very comfortable saying we don't have anywhere near the same issues as you do with them on other game. There just aren't as many yotes in my area.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.