Hunting Stock Design

Wool is warm but no one is making them either. 😇

What material are you proposing?
I guess we need to make a stock that has a built in heater. I've never put any thought into how cold my rifle stock feels. I can only assume people are not wearing gloves to shoot and they pack the rifle in their hands vs backpack or sling. I run a 1 lb trigger, backpack carry via scabbard or slick sling, and wear gloves most of the time. I came from the school of thought, train as you fight. I was hunting predators yesterday and it wasn't that cold. 24F. Not one time did I think about how cold my rifle was and I took some time to practice....in the field, in the gear I hunt in, and with my gloves.

I guess we need to make a stock that has a built in heater. I've never put any thought into how cold my rifle stock feels. I can only assume people are not wearing gloves to shoot and they pack the rifle in their hands vs backpack or sling. I run a 1 lb trigger, backpack carry via scabbard or slick sling, and wear gloves most of the time. I came from the school of thought, train as you fight. I was hunting predators yesterday and it wasn't that cold. 24F. Not one time did I think about how cold my rifle was and I took some time to practice....in the field, in the gear I hunt in, and with my gloves.

Carbon, wood, or rubber/plastic touch points you probably won't notice. Putting your hands or cheek on bare aluminum in cold weather I'd agree is very noticeable.

This!

Carbon, wood, or rubber/plastic touch points you probably won't notice. Putting your hands or cheek on bare aluminum in cold weather I'd agree is very noticeable.
I have yet to see a chassis system with bare aluminum cheek rest. Mine have all been carbon fiber or plastic. Those can easily be covered too if a person is dealing with extreme cold or want a softer feel like rubber coating.

Attachments

• IMG_2342.jpeg
    IMG_2342.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 16