Hunting in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'South' started by Bran743, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Bran743

Bran743 Active Member

Greetings fellas. I'm looking for some public hunting land around Oklahoma City. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Brandon

2. The Surgeon

The Surgeon Well-Known Member

What would you like to hunt? What part of Okla are you located in?

3. Bran743

Bran743 Active Member

I'm located in Oklahoma City. I'm looking for a place to deer hunt. I've got rifles and a black powder rifle. I don't mind traveling a little ways to get there. Have any suggestions Surgeon?

4. Anvil11-87

Anvil11-87 Well-Known Member

There is public land all around Oklahoma. Look on the Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife's web-site. It has all locations listed.

5. The Surgeon

The Surgeon Well-Known Member

I have hunted Canton WMA, Black Kettle, The public hunt around Cikasha Lake, Fort Cobb. depending on what you want I want to hunt is how I choose my place to go. For example, Canton=Turkeys, Fort Cobb=water fowl, Chikasha=hogs. there is some great hunting in the eastern parts of the state as well. I do not rifle hunt or black powder hunt any public. I am aware that there are many WMA's that you would have to draw out on to hunt rifle or Blk pwdr. Are you new to Oklahoma?

6. johnnybar

johnnybar Well-Known Member

Brandon, Try the Fish and Game Dept's online printable maps at Digital Wildlife Management Area Atlas

You can also order a hard copy atlas from them by following the links at the top of the page.