"Hunting GPS Maps"

Litehiker

I bought a "Hunting GPS Maps" card for Nevada. Great maps at 1:24,000 scale and with private lands marked with owners' names and public lands identified by agency.

But... it cost me $100. for that map. However to buy the USGS paper quadrants to cover Nevada would have cost probably three times as much with no private lands being well marked and no owners' names. So I guess it's not a bad buy considering I get free yearly updates.

At least the topo aspects of the maps are far more detailed than my original Garmin "Topo USA" maps. I have the older Garmin Colorado 300 but it works just fine. I did have one go bad after 5 years but sent it in and paid $100. for a "refurbished" Colorado 300. I hope this one lasts longer.

And there is a place I put the chip in the unit ?and do I have to buy two since I have two units

Re: "Hunting GPS Maps" (1 each)

I'm pretty sure you'll have to buy one map for each Rhino unless you can (legally) copy the original "Hunting GPS" micro SD card.

You would need to buy 2 if you want to use them in the 2 rino GPS units simultaneously. The chips are locked so if you copy them they won't work.

We found some ground that I know is not block and is marked block here in Montana. A spot that will cause a lot of trouble, meaning people will use this as a excuse. pm and I will help you out.

Thank you for the heads up! Please post the information here so everybody knows where you are talking about. The MT Fish and Game is the source of that information. Please call them and tell them to update their data and we'll work with them to get our maps updated ASAP!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.