GPS maps / IPAD

BackCountry Navigator
GAIA for android

Work well, I think BackCountry may be a little easier to use and store maps.

GPS essentials is a good app for your android as well, has compass, maps, altitude, ets. Good info to use or double check your Shooter app info.

BackCountry Navigator
GAIA for android

Work well, I think BackCountry may be a little easier to use and store maps.

GPS essentials is a good app for your android as well, has compass, maps, altitude, ets. Good info to use or double check your Shooter app info.

After getting you info i started to dig in the android market and realized there are alot of apps out there. also heard about one more if you have ever used it? Called OruxMaps? Also if you have no signal are the maps accessible or you dead in the water?

Also thanks for confirming the use if shooter app. I heard allot good things about it.

Yes, you can save maps for your area so they are accessible. BackCountry has multiple formats of saved maps as well such as MyTopo.

I will take a look at OruxMaps as well.

My wife got me the new IPAD for my b-day , I love it also but the thing keeps you spending money as you will surf more sites than ever before and find deals you can't pass on . Got drawn for elk in Utah and didn't think about taking photos of the topos but I will now and try those aps. . If you have any more tips how this thing could help let me know or any info about the San Jaun unit thanks

Look at the iPhone app. Theodolite HD. It's amazing. It also works for the LR shooter with some neat applications. But the sat images are are very usefull. I use this on my lease.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.