Hunting bullets

Paul Wyatt

Does anyone have any experience with the Lost River J-36 bullets. I shot some .270, one-hundred fifty grain bullets back when they were Jensen's and was very impressed with them. Their advertisements (http://www.lostriverballistic.com/LRB/index.cfm) make some bold statements about accuracy and performance, but they cost enough to give a guy pause about just going out and cranking a few off.

Brass bender,

From my experience with these bullets which is mostly from customers trying them, I would not use them.

For the money there are much better bullets out there.

I have only seen two rifles that shot these bullets anywhere near what I would call well and most were not consistant enough for long range hunting.

On game performance is also very limited. Even if these bullets perform the way they are designed to they transfer very little energy on game.

I am bot an X bullet fan by any means but the X is a better bullet by far then these in my opinion.

All the B.C. in the world is useless unless you can put the bullets where they need to be.

Save your money and try something else.

Good Shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.