Hunting a Buck Named Burger

HammerBullets

93C3B829-6133-43AE-8DAF-9332058A09C6.jpeg

IMG_2079.jpeg

Nick scouted this buck he named "Burger" over the summer, but had no idea if he could track him down during hunting season.
He saw over a hundred deer in two days. Nick glassed two choke points in the cliffs he's used for years. He saw a few does and 3 coyotes. At about 9:30 knowing the wind/thermals would be shifting soon he headed toward the funnels keeping the wind in his face, and walked the shadows of the cliffs.
I'll let Nick finish the story, "As I snuck around the edge two does appeared out of the bushes on the other side of the 40 yard wide shoot. They didn't see me, so I knelt as quickly as I could behind a sage brush. I glanced up the trail I was on just in time to see a doe round the corner of the basalt 20 yards from me. She instantly spotted me and froze. She bolted back up the trail to my left, but to my shock the 2 other does just trotted down the trail to my right unable to see what caused her to bust. Another doe emerged from the bushes and then a smaller 3 point at a trot. Then "Burger" emerged and locked eyes with me. I couldn't believe he spotted me. He was at about 40 yards and I could see his muscles ripple. I couldn't see all of his antlers, but could see his front forks. I knew he was mature and that was enough. I could imagine the top of his heart and raised my rifle. I squeezed the trigger and placed a Hammer right between the atria of his heart. He dropped."
Nick was shooting a Tikka T3x Wideland Veil 6.5CM, and the 124 gr Hammer Hunter bullet.
Congratulations on a great hunt. Awesome patience. Sometimes things come together when you put in the time.

And a Very nice story it is,congrats Nick for knowing your deer their habits and the lay of the land very important. Determination is what put the Venison on the plate next to the mashed potatoes. He's a beautiful buck and I'm sure tasty,great pictures and story ,kudos to Hammer bullets ,Cheers 👏👏👏🥳🦌

Many cool things about this, but for me one of the coolest is that fact that Nick is smiling...!

Can't quite understand all the grumpy looking people that show up in these pics?

Well done Nick!